Senior Technical Support Engineer
Position reports on a day-to-day basis to DSE Manager.
• Knowledge of NICE solutions
• Work directly with client's System Engineers to support the NICE infrastructure across the customer’s organization globally.
• Create record of the case and performing remediation in accordance to the severity of the case.
• Provide L2/L3 support as required of the technical support for the NICE product, and utilize, engage and co-ordinate efforts with suppliers/other representatives as needed.
• Assist client's Administrators with questions and problems associated with the configuration, administration, and management of users in the NICE system.
• Document and maintain NICE system specifications (Site Documentation) across all sites.
• Provide and evaluate proactive Health Checks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Perform MAC (Move/Add/Change) jobs
• Assist with NICE projects, installations, and change management as required to support environment and infrastructure.
• Perform NICE system maintenance across all sites as required.
• The DSE is expected to manage the customer relationship and expectations, communicate effectively, and troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
• Effectively manage time and maintain regular communication and updates to both customer and management.
• Participate in training classes, or special projects as needed.
• Other roles and responsibilities may be assigned on an as needed basis.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.