Tech Lead- AWS Cloud Network Engineer
Position Title: Senior AWS Cloud Network Engineer
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership to the NICE Cloud Networking Team, coordinating and participating in the design, deployment, operation and maintenance of NICE’s customer cloud hosted network and security infrastructure, while also resolving customer issues that require direct access to the network and security infrastructure, and acting in an appropriate professional working style.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex technical issues. Encouraging free and open exchange of technical ideas and suggestions and working with regional and global management to implement approved projects.
- Demonstrated ability to install and deploy network routers, firewalls, switches, and other support systems as needed to support corporate and hosted capacity, performance, security, or product functionality requirements.
- Experience implementing and supporting a production multi-tenant architecture.
- Experience providing 24x7 support to production Software as a Service (SaaS) infrastructure, including understanding of on-call responsibilities and procedures.
- 8+ years of experience performing network and security administration tasks on Cisco and F5.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, review, test, and deploy network configuration and security software to perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Ability to act as part of NICE Infrastructure Cloud Operations, continuously sharing information and assisting on tasks with other team members.
- Ability to provide excellent and ongoing support to other NICE business teams as needed to solve customer and product issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with internal and external customers in a friendly, supportive manner to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding NICE hosted performance, security, availability, and reliability.
- 8+ years’ experience providing 24x7 support to production enterprise infrastructures, including understanding of on-call responsibilities and procedures.
- Experience maintaining and operating 24x7 Application Service Provider / Software as a Service infrastructure delivering web-based applications.
- 8+ years’ experience operating and maintaining other industry-leading network vendor hardware and software.
- Experience deploying and supporting IP networks and storage area network technologies (SAN).
- Deep understanding on ipsec protocol, the tcp/ ip stack, how a layer 7 FW processes packets. SSL protocol.
- Proven experience with the design and testing of network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, WAN, SAN and other support systems.
- Familiarity with Internet and WAN communications technologies, protocols, and best practices.
- 8+ years of experience performing network administration tasks on Cisco and F5 hardware and associated software.
- Certified to CCNP Level.
- Experience with AWS Cloud.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a global, diverse, multicultural environment.
- Abililty to work in typical office environment, using standard office computer equipment
- Ability to work in data center environment, standing for extended periods of time while performing maintenance duties on computer equipment.
- Position may be required to work at a computer terminal and desk for long periods of time on projects.
- Will be required to travel between main offices, co-location facilities, and other NICE worldwide locations.
- Ability to work in rotational shifts (IST, BST & PST time zone) and weekends as and when required.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.