Documentation Group Leader
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Documentation Group Leader, with strong managerial and documentation skills, to lead 2 teams - in a challenging, innovative, global, fast-paced environment.
If you have a passion for good documentation, the ability to get things done and meet challenging deadlines, and the ability to manage a diverse group of writers, this is the job that you've been looking for!
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Lead a highly-skilled global Doc team
- Project manage the teams' delivery to a successful release by tracking work, dependencies, and risks and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Ongoing prioritization with PMs and load balancing within the team
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D leadership and the Services/Support organization.
- Meet milestones (Alpha/GA) for all documentation deliverables
- Facilitate and support team member’s technical and career growth objectives through training, leadership opportunities, challenging work assignments, and focused mentorship.
- Collaborate with the global team to innovate and improve the doc suite.
- Mentor and support the career development / personal growth of your direct reports.
- Native English speaker with at least a BA degree
- 5 years of experience in Documentation development
- 5 years experience in Documentation management
- Experience in enterprise software domain and specifically in the contact center – plus
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to take on challenges and creatively overcome obstacles
- Passion for quality.
- Record of achieving objectives; successful project completion, within budget and time frame.
- Great communication skills.
- Track record of building positive and productive cross-group collaboration and partner relationships, share resources and ownership.
- Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with a can-do attitude
- Proven experience in operating within a global environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Team player
- Not afraid to “get your hands dirty”
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.