Specialist APA Support Engineer
- Interfacing with various R&D groups, Customer Support teams, Business Partners and Customers Globally to address and resolve product issues.
- Maintain quality and on-going internal and external communication throughout your investigation
- Provide high level of support and minimize R&D escalations.
- Prioritize daily missions/cases and mange critical issues and situations.
- Contribute to the Knowledge Base, document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps and participate in Educating/Mentoring other support engineers.
- Willing to perform on call duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering (or similar)
- Minimum of 6 to 7 years of experience in supporting global enterprise customers.
- Hands-on experience on UIPath/Automation Anywhere/Blue Prism or any other RPA software
- Working/Hands-on knowledge of programming Java, JSP, C, C# C++, VB.
- Knowledge of HTML coding and web development – Java Script, JQuery, Angular Js, JSON
- Should be current with PC hardware and software trends; network environments; maintenance techniques, and Windows OS.
- Knowledge in terminal server (Citrix)- advantage
- Network troubleshooting skills (working with different tools)
- Highly Experience with DB queries
- Knowledge in DB schema, structure and troubleshooting - advantage
- NICE Certification - Knowledge in RTI products – Advantage
Other Required Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to details
- Team Player - ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.