Senior Software Engineer
Nexidia is looking for a senior-level Java software engineer to continue the evolution of our voice and text analytics frameworks. We work with a fascinating set of technologies that includes custom speech analytics, big data frameworks, and cloud deployments. Our team provides bedrock functionality for most of Nexidia's products, so be prepared to learn your way around a large, mature codebase. We want your innovative ideas to enhance existing products and to make the architectures cleaner, simpler, and more maintainable. And we need your inspired creativity to design tomorrow’s new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prototype and evaluate novel techniques to realize product requirements.
- Provide and review component-level software designs consistent with product requirements, architectural specifications, and project standards.
- Implement software designs with automated unit and integration tests.
- Recommend test cases to QA and Performance Test teams.
- Identify refactoring ideas for legacy code.
- Respond to escalated requests for production support, including off-hours in emergency situations.
- Update user-facing product documentation for implemented features.
- Participate in agile software development lifecycle and provide ideas for refinement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum seven (7) years professional server-side Java development
- Strong personal motivation to create clean, high-quality code
- Expertise in OO design including common design patterns
- Experience with automated unit- and integration-level testing
- Experience with java.util.concurrent package
- Familiarity with REST principles and implementation
- Windows application environment
- .NET development experience
- Call/contact center technology development
- Real-time processing
- Telephony and/or voice processing
- Contributions to a major open source project
- Experience with Gradle, asynchronous programming, Spring, Jersey, Jetty, JMX, WiX, MSI
- Experience with both cloud and on premise deployment
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.