Who We Are
We are an energetic group of software builders based in Alkmaar, NL. We are technically oriented, skilled, quality focused, social and international and we foster a dynamic and inclusive culture where all contributions matter. Our offices are comfortable, reachable, and a proper work/life balance is important. We are building challenging new products that have impact and we need more of us to make that happen. Obviously, we offer good pay and benefits.
What We Do
We create Software Solutions for Financial Market Compliance. In short: we make and sell software that helps prevent and uncover financial fraud within large, global financial institutions.
Global Financial Compliance regulations require that all communications of employees involved with financial transactions are recorded and our NICE Trading Recorder, which is capable of large-scale recording of voice audio (VoIP) and video, enables our customers to be compliant with those regulations.
Our ambition is to totally rebuild our Trading Recorder. You can help us make our solution consume less resources, move to the cloud, be fault tolerant, distributed and secure and integrate with on-prem telephony systems but also cloud-based communication products like Microsoft Teams.
What We Need You To Bring to the Table
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 4+ years in a software QA position and a fundamental understanding of Quality Assurance processes
- Hand-on experience with the design and execution of test plans and test cases for complex server applications
- An inherent interest in software development and an internal drive to guard the quality of our releases
- Good / practical English communication skills, both written and spoken, and the ability for direct and forward communication
- A social attitude and good spirits
Your skills and knowledge should at least include some of the following, the more the better:
- The less we do manually, the better: You have experience in test automation on both back-end and front-end, preferably using C# ASP.Net stack
- Bonus points for being ISTQB or ISEB or TMap certified
- Experience with agile software development principles
- You know how to do stress, performance, load and stability testing
- Knowledge is power: issue reporting and collaboration tools are 2nd nature to you (Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, X-Ray)
- You know how to deal with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity)
- You have experience testing Cloud-based solutions
- All our systems are virtual, so you know how to administer test environments / Windows administration and work on the command line / shell
- We implement a solution using microservices, so using Postman and the like is also a plus
- Experience with the use of Wireshark, experience grooming log files/event lists, etc.
What You will be Doing
- Be part of a cross functional Scrum team that develops and supports specific components of our end product. You will be working hand in hand with the other R&D people
- Be involved in new feature development; provide input to POs and developers on the correct behavior of the system
- Own the quality of your product, taking full responsibility of all functional – but also non-functional – aspects, like performance, stability, security and maintainability
- Extend test coverage with automated scenarios and find new and innovative ways to automate new features
Apart from a first non-technical introduction (in person or via Skype), we will ask candidates to do an assessment. This can be in the form of a quick questionnaire/test to see if you are eligible for a proper technical assessment. This technical assessment will be in the form of a set of theoretical questions and practical tasks, like writing and executing tests and reporting on defects found.
If we are happy with the results, there will be a third and final interview where you are invited to our office to spend a day. You will meet some of our teams, get a feeling of the atmosphere and be introduced to our product(s) and workflow. Finally, you will speak with our senior leadership team after which we discuss terms/contract.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.