Applications Operations Engineer
NICE (Nasdaq: NICE) is the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions that empower organizations to make smarter decisions based on advanced analytics of structured and unstructured data. NICE helps organizations of all sizes deliver better customer service, ensure compliance, combat fraud and safeguard citizens. Over 25,000 organizations in more than 150 countries, including over 85 of the Fortune 100 companies, are using NICE solutions. www.nice.com.
What The Team Does
NICE Investigate is being adopted by an increasing number of forces around the country. As a result, we are expanding our solutions team to ensure we continue to offer exemplary service to our customers.
Our solutions team is responsible for managing implementation and enhancement projects for customers. As a member of this team you will work closely with customers and be supported by regular contact with your colleagues in sales, operations and product management.
What's the role
Primary focus is deploying, maintaining and supporting state of the art cloud deployed solutions for digital evidence management for Public Safety (Primary Law Enforcement) customers worldwide.
Assisting product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion supportability and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
What you'll be doing
- Provide 2nd/3rd line engineering support to the product
- Provisioning, deploying, patching and upgrading primarily enterprise cloud software. Working closely with the development team to ensure successful deployment of software packages.
- Defining and implementing regular maintenance and health monitoring procedures.
- Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D. Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end users, partners and service providers.
- Deploy and provision systems to enable replication of customer issues to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
- Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
Experience we're looking for
- Working knowledge of Windows server and client technology, ideally supporting web applications and services
- Experience in creating, modifying and running databases queries
- Network operations experience (firewalls, network security groups etc.)
- Experience running scripts from Linqpad, Powershell or similar
- Experience with web application and services configuration management.
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments. Including;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritise and switch between varied tasks
- Focused and calm under pressure
- Careful record keeping
- Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of Azure Portal and familiarity with Azure services.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience querying Web API’s.
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Experience of configuring Application Monitoring and Dashboards.
- Experience of Programming and Scripting (e.g. C#, TSQL).
- Must be US Citizen for customer compliance.
- Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice.
- Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters.
Security Clearance required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.