Event and Tradeshow Manager
The Event and Tradeshow Manager is accountable for leading the overall delivery of meetings and events within a specified portfolio. Event and Tradeshow Manager acts as a meeting and event specialist and develops and implements meeting and event components of event strategy and delivery. This role is accountable and responsible for meeting and event project management, financial management, and oversight of all aspects of meeting and event delivery.
Key focus areas and activities for the Event and Tradeshow Manager role include:
- Strategy Support: The Event and Tradeshow Manager supports region in developing and implementing convention aspects of event strategy.
- Develops event strategies, solutions and innovations that are tailored to support the overall event strategy and achievement of event outcomes.
- Supports future year site selection strategy, confirms venue ability to deliver on event specifications.
- Event Management:The Event and Tradeshow Manager is responsible for planning, managing delivery of the financials on all aspects of conventions including coordination of the event project plan, Event schedule, registration, housing, meeting space management, food and beverage, audio/visual, supplier management, special events, and all aspects of on-site event preparation and delivery.
- Develops and manages cross-unit project plan and Event Schedule of Events including end-to-end logistical management of conventions, conducts planning meetings and site visits for the event team.
- Manages project scope, identifying issues and developing contingency plans.
- Proactively communicates project status, program deadlines, identifying any areas of concern and addresses issues to ensure convention outcomes are met.
- Manages financials including developing budgets, tracking against budget and forecast and overseeing ongoing monthly financial reconciliation and final billing.
- Determines Housing plan and blocks, oversees housing dashboard for ongoing tracking and reporting to track performance, takes actions to address housing trends as needed.
- Creates food and beverage plans, grid and specifications while ensuring accurate BEOs and F&B guarantees.
- Oversees Audio Visual requirements and vendor analysis, selects vendor and negotiates contracts.
- Oversees third party supplier needs (DMC, temporary staffing, transportation, housing, registration) and coordination, leads RFP processes and ensures high quality supplier relationships and service delivery.
- Manages all aspects of special events and networking sessions.
- Manages volunteer event planning committees and communications
- Manages and oversees all aspects for on-site preparation and delivery including staff travels plans, creation of on-site requirements and support documentation, VIP management, risk management
- Registration oversight, including budgeting, set-up of registration, financial management, on-site registration, and oversight of registration support team.
- Contributes to overall team success by identifying problems and proactively seeking out methods to improve self-performance and/or efficiency of an operation or task.
- Facilitates continuous communication between NICE, attendees and suppliers to meet the needs of client organizations.
- Manages weekly event Reporting dashboard
- Research and identify trade shows and conferences we should be attending and develop an execution plan
- Establish relationships with industry associations and events/trade shows teams
- Develop pre-and post- show communication and nurture plans in partnership with the marketing and product teams
- Create event specifications, promotion plan, and budgets for each event; perform post-event spend and overall analysis
- Identify and explore opportunities to work with partners on co-marketing campaigns
- Track prospect and customer engagement and other metrics to measure the effectiveness and ROI of each event
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, or related field with 5-8+ years of high-tech global marketing and events management and operations. Ideally for a high-tech tech company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; experience developing strong working relationships with internal partners, third party vendors, and customers
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, can adjusts communication style to various audiences)
- Ability to travel to event location specific to each program assigned
- Demonstrate event planning and event management best practices
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and track record of successful execution of multiple events with competing priorities
- Exceptional program, project, and time management skills
- Highly organized, detail focused, results-driven, accountable with the ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation and vendor management skills
- Always do the right thing and represent NICE with ethics and integrity
Technical Competencies: Industry and position specific skills
- Excellent knowledge of meeting and event industry terminology and comprehensive knowledge of meeting and event planning, trade show and registration processes. Demonstrates expertise in meeting planning, housing and registration management.
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills to present and guide decision making of committees and ability to negotiate successfully on behalf of the client
- Certification in Event Management or related professional certification is highly preferred.
- A strong understanding of union and labor requirements in different states and destinations.
- Familiarity with venues, facilities, throughout the country.
- Understanding of hotel contract terms and conditions
Financial and Project Management
- Budget management, developing a budget with assumptions, and forecasting
- Project management experience to include meeting deadlines on time and on budget.
- Achieves favorable financial results through strong negotiation skills
- 10+ years of event management experience
- ability to travel up to 20%, (travel may include weekends)
- Provides added value beyond immediate requests; goes above and beyond.
- Anticipates and addresses needs and concerns.
- Takes accountability; reviews own work and the work of others for accuracy and thoroughness.
Drive for Results Takes accountability and accepts responsibility for the outcomes of group efforts.
- Pushes self & others for results.
- Removes barriers.
- Identifies and uses relevant information when making assessments and decisions.
- “Connects the dots”; brings ideas and experiences from one situation to another.
- Approaches problems from different perspectives.
- Acts without having the total picture; comfortably handles uncertainty.
- Allocates and manages resources (e.g. people, financial) to meet business priorities; demonstrates
- Knowledge of how team/unit contributes to overall goals.
- Accurately estimates own and others’ resources required to complete tasks and activities; clarifies roles, monitors budget and others’ workload/availability.
- Assesses project status, identifies risks and issues, and takes the necessary steps for remediation when necessary.
- Uses own and others meeting time effectively.
- Possesses strong financial management skills including budgeting, forecasting and analysis; can explain, present and influence financial based viewpoints and counterpoints.
- Provides guidance and coaches others on revenue, expense and financial management practices.
- Assists and involves others proactively; shares all relevant information.
- Seeks, includes and respects different ideas and perspectives from others.
- Consistently works well with a variety of different people.
- Reads and relates to others.
- Communicates effectively up, down, sideways, internally and externally; adjusts style and approach as necessary.
- Conveys information in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message; reinforces as needed.
- Communicates complex information clearly; breaks down and cascades as appropriate.
- Writes in a straightforward, logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
- Deals with conflict independently; acts in a professional and constructive manner.
- Appropriately involves the right people at the right time.
- Looks at the situation from both viewpoints; focuses on the problem, not the other person.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.