Senior Specialist Software Engineer- JAVA
- Quick understanding of Product design, issues, improvement areas
- Design of software feature(s) per agreed architectures and requirements
- Technology evaluations through POCs and architecture decisions, present architectures to team
- Code quality and review
- Participation in QA framework designs as well.
- Interface with various R&D groups and with support tiers
- Handling system performance, scalability etc.
Qualifications - Essential:
- Degree in Computer Science, Industrial/Electronic Engineering
- 11+ years of experience working in software Industry as a software engineer (Developer followed by Architect)
- Software development experience in Java, Java-Spring, JMS, Hibernate, Linux, Maven, Git
- Database Skills -- MySql, MS-SQL
- Java Architecture, SCEA will be added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithmic processes for optimizing size/speed.
- Must be passionate about good architecture and design. Must have a proven track record of building high quality code.
- Must have a wide breadth of technical knowledge and ability to quickly switch to alternative technology frameworks as and when needed.
- Experience working on resolving scalability / performance issues will be added an advantage
- Experience working in Actimize / Financial Market or Trading compliance domain will be added advantage
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect
- Substantial capabilities in the domain, analyses information and deduces conclusions within the professional space, seen as a professional by his team and peer community. Has high-attention to details and works well in a dynamic and intense environment.
- Experience developing enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience in high performance, highly available and scalable systems
- Deep Knowledge and experience with software design patterns and how they can be incorporated into software design.
- Experience with Open Source Software (OSS) technology frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Experience with enterprise Security requirements implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Passion to educate and mentor others in engineering best practices and patterns, team player.
- Experience working with agile software development methodology
- Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with a can do attitude
- Proven experience in operating within a global environment
- Passion to learn new technologies, perform hands on POCs.
- Overall leadership in technology
- Ability to quickly switch from feature development to product support -L4
Qualifications - Desired
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Trading compliance knowledge will be added advantage
- Desired Skills – Scala
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.