Professional Services Engineer
NICE Professional Services Engineer for Public Safety.
Roles and Responsibilities
• The primary technical resource responsible for the successful installation of a customer solution.
• Travel to remote sites for Installation, commissioning, upgrades and go-live cut-overs
• Remote installation of NICE application software
• Review orders for technical accuracy
• Obtain software and review relevant documentation prior to visiting customer sites.
• Assist the Project Manager and customer in verifying the customer site prerequisites are complete and site is ready for installation.
• Installation includes:
1. Setting up the hardware (Racking)
2. Configuring Servers (COTS and NICE). Build Virtualization Platform
3. Installation of H/W (boards, NIC Cards, etc.)
• Loading the necessary software on the equipment.
1. Windows components update and service packs.
2. Anti-virus and security software.
3. Telephony integration software.
4. NICE recording and monitoring solutions applications
• Connecting the equipment to the customer's network.
• Integrating with the customer’s telephony environment:
1. Computer telephony software.
2. Cable taps (troubleshooting with customer
• Perform implementation of software and hardware solutions, integrating with the customer’s network, PBX, and CTI equipment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they occur. Maintain ownership of issues that are escalated by working together with support personnel.
• During each phase the Implementation Engineer is expected to:
1. The IE is expected to manage the customer relationship and expectations, communicate effectively, and troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
2. Provide both Customer Sensitive and Internal NICE
Status updates throughout the implementations in
Coordination with the project manager.
3. Document action items remaining for both NICE and the
Customer. Communicate effectively, troubleshoot and
Resolve technical issues utilizing documentation,
Knowledge base and peers.
• Complete detailed site documentation and as built at conclusion of installation. Documentation is handed off to support for customer maintenance and support.
- Complete all Installation Test Procedures (ITP) of all products prior to going into production.
- Provide all completed and signed ITP’s, Site Docs, and As-builts to PM at completion of project.
- Provide basic system administration training to technical users.
• Train personnel on technical aspect of NICE solutions/Knowledge Sharing.
- Add Learned Lessons to Knowledgebase and share with team.
• Remotely solve issues for various customers.
- Manage Time Reporting on daily basis and advising management of overtime hours for approval
• Update ticketing system with accurate information and close out “cases” in a timely manner.
• Must have the availability for extensive travel on a short notice basis and to work outside of a regular 8 hour (“8-5”) work day. Working holidays, nights and weekends occur on a regular basis.
• Other roles and responsibilities may be assigned on an as needed basis
• Excellent Verbal and written communications skills
• Exceptional customer service orientation and abilities especially in high pressure situations.
• Excellent follow-up and reporting ability (Customer reports, overtime billing etc.)
• Willingness to learn new technology and the corresponding upgrades and changes
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio skills required.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Strong Networking and routing skills
- XML and JSON
- MS Powershell scripting
- Active Directory/SSO
- SQL Encryption
- Data encryption with certificates
- MS IIS
- Serial RS-232 configuration and troubleshooting
- Audio CODEC understanding
- SIP VoIP and SIPREC
- ISDN, T1, Digital and Analog Telephony
- CISCO CUCM, AVAYA, Airbus Vesta, West Viper telephony.
- Log4Net Log file understanding
• Must have a minimum of 3 years relevant implementation experience and providing high-level customer service.
• Experience working directly with clients as a vendor or consultant
• Must include working at a various customer sites, not internal IT help-desk background.
• Must have experience in telephony, hardware and databases.
• Must have very strong PC knowledge and Microsoft, Network knowledge: MCP or better preferred.
• Hands-on hardware skills include ability to replace hard drives, connect/configure components, working knowledge of CPU, etc. HP Server Certified preferred.
• Some CTI/CDR knowledge, Experience with Voice over IP Strongly preferred.
• SQL Installation and Scripting required
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.