Are you an experienced Oracle Database administrator with strong performance tuning experience?
Do your peers consider you as the "go to" Database expert who can help them design their tables and data processes better?
Do you know how to write complex and highly optimized queries and analyze execution plans?
Do you have any experience with other Non-relational\ Cloud native database systems?
Are you looking for a position that focuses on personal and professional growth, while maintaining a good work \ life balance?
Do you provide service with a smile?
If the answer is YES, we'd like to talk to you.
We're looking for database professional with a strong Oracle background in both infrastructure tasks and rewriting and tuning highly complex SQL and PL/SQL code,
who wishes to learn new database technologies both on prem and in the cloud.
Our technology stack includes Oracle, SQL Server, Cassandra, Athena, AWS Glue, time series database and many more to come.
If you don't know some of the above, don't worry, we'll provide you with "on the job" training, certifications, and hands on experience.
The role will focus on the following tasks:
- Assisting with the development teams on various RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) \ NoSQL \ AWS Purpose-Built Databases. (Whatever you still don't know, we'll help you learn)
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex database technical problems met on some of the largest financial organizations in the world.
- Provide exceptional database service to both internal and external clients (Service with a smile).
- Continuously learn and expand your knowledge with many new and exciting technologies that we come across and evaluate.
What you need to know:
- Strong background as a development and infrastructure Oracle Database administrator for at least 6+ years. (Experience with SQL Server\PostgreSQL is highly desirable as well.)
- Performance tuning skills of highly complex SQL code over VLDBs (very large databases)
- Experience with any additional data platform apart from an RDBMS. (NoSQL, Time series, etc.)
- High level of ‘soft skills’. These include communication, time management and customer service skills so that you understand and can communicate well with both internal and external users.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding best practices (Assume the "Database Architect" role when needed)
Great to have skills:
- Working experience with data platforms on AWS (Dynamo DB, Aurora etc. )
- Working experience in code development with NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Familiarity with programming languages API – Great to have, but not a must.
- Good Linux administration Skills and Shell scripting
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.