R&D Group Leader
R&D Group Leader
Lead and manage local & remote teams that design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for On-premise and SaaS enterprise applications in the Financial Crime, Risk and Compliance space.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about managing a team of software engineers for complex enterprise products that are used by top tier financial institutions. This position calls for a seasoned professional who has a proven ability in building and leading best in class R&D organization, and actively participating in all aspects of day-to-day engineering management from product and technology direction to process improvements.
• Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
• Responsible for a multi-disciplinary team who develop and maintain product features. This includes functions such as software developers, testers and support.
• Actively guide and mentor the team to meet functional, performance, quality, timeline and all while obviating roadblocks.
• Manage a fully Agile team and actively drive a continuous improvement process with focus on process automation, testing automation and velocity increase.
• Lead the product development towards aggressive goals of integrating with cutting-edge technologies.
• Partner effectively in a highly-matrix environment with key stakeholders to align the team, prioritize efforts and execute on strategies.
• Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
• Lead and develop end-to-end large scale products.
• 3+ years of experience managing multiple teams of software developers and testers.
• Proven track record of managing software product, engineering projects, delivering on-time, on-budget with world-class quality.
• Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in a complex matrix environment.
• Deep experience with agile software development techniques and pitfalls.
• Evidence of visionary and decisive leadership with the ability to inspire staff and others across the organization to explore and adopt new operating procedures in support of effective and efficient resource management.
• Solid experience with Java development.
• Solid understanding of various data stores.
• Demonstrated success in multi-site development and offshore management.
In addition, the following are desired:
• Familiarity with frontend frameworks (Angular, VueJS).
• Familiarity with SaaS architectures and SaaS application development.
• Familiarity with DevOps practices.
• Familiarity with Financial Crime solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.