At NICE, we protect people’s money, ensure their safety, and improve their experiences. Many of the world’s leading companies and organizations are expected to manage these three critical elements of modern living. To do so, they are tapping into the power of data, which has become ubiquitous in both business and life. These organizations turn to NICE to operationalize this data to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in these fields, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, they can predict what will be.
NICE has over 6,000 employees and a presence in more than 150 countries. Our team is proud of their many achievements. NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
The role of a Technical Manager is to ensure the consistent and successful delivery of software product that meets functional and technical quality objectives. The Manager accomplishes this by employing their: project management skills, understanding of technology and software engineering, and people leadership. Additionally, the Technical Manager is responsible for hiring and maintaining a highly skilled and performing team of software engineering professionals and ensuring their needs for technical challenges, skill growth, and overall career development are met.
- Manage the teams' delivery to a successful release by tracking work, dependencies and risks and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Be accountable (in conjunction with the team technical lead) for the quality of the teams release by ensuring best quality engineering practices are followed including (but not limited to): writing and running of unit tests, smoke- and regression- test automation, code reviews, and design practices.
- Facilitate and support team member’s technical and career growth objectives through training, leadership opportunities, challenging work assignments, and focused mentorship.
- Oversee efforts to improve operational stability of team and software product by creating and monitoring operational dashboards to monitor and alert to system/platform problems and following up on action plans because of customer found issues.
- Build the team by hiring the best engineers. This includes direct participation and delegation of all recruitment and hiring activities as needed.
- Proactive and on-going performance management activities including regular 1:1s for establishing direction and providing corrective and reinforcing feed-back intended to help engineers to define and achieve career objectives and participating in R&D-wide performance calibration meetings.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics, policies, and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of the company.
- Reduce liability to the company by ensuring engineers are trained in relevant security and privacy standards and coding practices follow the same.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years leading a high performing team in a software product development environment with people management responsibility.
- Experience developing high performance, highly available and scalable enterprise-grade.
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Scrum process.
- Deep Knowledge and experience with software design patterns and how they can be incorporated into software design.
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Engine or Azure.
- Experience of mainstream programming language such as Java and Python.
- Experience in database development with SQL.
- Experience with Open-Source Software (OSS) technology frameworks, platforms, and tools.
- Experience with total quality management techniques and methodologies for software engineering.
- Experience working in a global product software company, good communication skill.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.