All of It Internship, Summer 2021 (Remote)
All of It is looking for a self-starting intern to join our team while we continue to work remotely during the summer session.
Interns at NYPR are given a robust internship program with hands-on responsibilities. The goal of our internship program is to provide our interns with substantive, meaningful work experience so that each intern concludes the internship period with demonstrable skills in his/her area of interest, plus knowledge of public radio, in general.
"All Of It" is a live magazine-format talk show that airs daily from noon to 2:00 PM. We're looking for smart, curious interns with a broad range of interests and good writing skills to help with the program. We expose you to all aspects of producing live radio.
What your internship will entail:
- Screening Calls
- Evaluating topics for air
- Booking and preparing segments (e.g. writing questions for the host)
- Coming up with ideas for shows, as well as reviewing and evaluating books
- Some journalism and office experience is preferred, but not required
- Applicants should be highly motivated self-starters who can work in an environment of live news radio
- Applicants should be aware of news and political affairs in New York and around the world
- Knowledge and love of the world of music and pop culture a plus
If you would like to be considered for this role you must submit:
Your resume, a cover letter, and also explain the following:
- Describe two of your favorite All Of It segments, and explain why you liked them.
- Describe a subject area or topic you’re especially interested in and why.
- What other shows do you listen to / websites do you visit / things do you read regularly?
Applications for our summer remote internship program will close at 11:59 pm ET on March 19, 2021.
Any student (undergraduate or graduate) or person who has graduated no more than 12 months prior to the start of the internship period to which they are applying.
This role is a paid internship with eligibility for college credit. The internship will commence at the beginning of June and run through mid-August and interns are expected to work 35 hours per week. The exact schedule and hours will be determined with the finalist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will operate in a fully remote capacity. In order to be eligible, you must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working from one of the following locations while working for NYPR: CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NM, NY, PA, WI, Washington DC.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.