Coordinator, Content Division
Coordinator, Content Division
New York Public Radio is seeking a qualified self-starter to serve as the Coordinator for the Office of the Chief Content Officer. This role will be responsible for providing continuous support for the strategic initiatives and projects taking place in the division while also managing day-to-day administrative functions for the office of the Chief Content Officer. The ideal candidate will attend to minute details while staying attuned to the macro vision of the office of the CCO.
This role will report to the Director of Operations.
Provides holistic support to the Office of the Chief Content Officer, including:
- Manage the timeline for projects in the content department; tracking progress and coordinating deadlines between members of the Strategy & Operations team and Editorial Leadership teams
- Partner with CCO and Director of Operations to organize the ongoing details of projects and strategic initiatives within the Office of the Chief Content Officer
Provides administrative support to Office of the Chief Content Officer including:
- Assist with research on industry trends, talent, audiences and relevant news as needed
- Manage department invoice processing as needed
- Reconciliation of corporate credit card as well as department and CCO’s monthly expenses
- Manage contract tracking system, ensuring timely payment and adherence to agreement guidelines
- Coordinate large-group meetings and visits from outside partners on behalf of Content leadership
- Support department meetings with agenda preparation, circulation of action items etc.
- Office management, including management of supplies and inventory, acquisition of production and IT equipment, maintenance of electronic filing systems
- Coordinate with Development to provide tracking for grant and annual reports
- Track and process award submissions for all WNYC programs
- Point person for Content staff-related preparations during weather emergencies (hotel bookings, logistics, etc)
- Direct department and out-of-office meetings and prepare next-day agendas and meeting materials
- Manage CCO calendar and scheduling
- Provides admin support including; answering the phone, reviewing confidential paperwork and getting it approved by CCO and managing spontaneous internal requests for CCO’s time on a daily basis. Admin support to the Strategy & Operations team and Editorial Leadership teams as needed
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience supporting senior media executives preferred
- A high degree of organization and efficiency, persistence and follow-through
- A proactive attitude and desire to identify areas that need help
- Resourcefulness, creativity, the ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment and handle concurrent tasks and priorities with focus and composure
- A friendly and polished demeanor, excellent communication skills—both oral and written
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels within and outside of the organization, including executives, trustees, industry representatives, and strategic partners
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Powerpoint, Excel) and Google suite.
- Previous experience at an arts or media company, non-profit organization or foundation preferred
- An affinity for the culture and mission of public radio or public media
- A sense of humor
If you are interested in applying, please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working for New York Public Radio and this opportunity.