Development/Board Relations Assistant
New York Public Radio (NYPR) is seeking an enthusiastic, upbeat and polished Development/Board Relations Assistant who is interested in donor relations to work with the Senior Vice President of Development and the Board Relations Director.
By taking a proactive role in the administrative aspects of the Development department at NYPR, the Development/Board Relations Assistant will enable the department to run more efficiently and to focus more on the donors supporting the mission of NYPR’s programming efforts.
Development is comprised of Board Relations, Major Gifts, Institutional Giving, Development Operations, and Events. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to become familiar with fundraising at a major NYC cultural non-profit organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities related to Board of Trustees and Donors
- Foster an engaged Board and donor culture through conscientious communication, meticulously organized meetings/small-scale events, and can-do administrative skills and spirit;
- Interact closely with Trustees and high-level donors, maintaining discretion and confidentiality in in-person, phone or written interactions;
- Detail management of Board of Trustees or Donor meetings and events, including space scheduling inside and outside of NYPR, organizing audio visual, catering, facilities, maintenance, security requests, confirming meeting attendance, set up and onsite logistics;
- Assist SVP Development and Board Relations Director in the preparation and distribution of meeting materials, including name tags, tent cards, and photocopying in advance of meetings and events;
- Assist with key special events including Annual Gala, Board Meetings, and other occasional early morning or evening events as needed;
- Proactive assistance to SVP, Development and Board Relations Director to prepare and send cards and gifts for Trustees to recognize important milestones;
- Assist in posting and maintaining materials on NYPR’s electronic board portal.
Responsibilities related to the SVP, Development and Board Relations Director
- Schedule appointments and meetings with donors, prospects, Trustees and internally with other departments, arrange travel if needed;
- Provide general support to the Development Department including: sorting mail, answering phones, fielding questions from donors to appropriate staff, updating records in netFORUM donor database, creating agendas for meetings, and organization of weekly timesheets;
- Process expense reports, invoices, oversee credit card expenses and receipts as well as other related documents;
- Additional miscellaneous responsibilities will include ordering office supplies, and other general administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 2-3 years of experience in a fast-paced non-profit, preferably working within a Development Department
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Donor Management software is a plus
- Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and project management
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp conceptual plans and implement with attention to the finest details, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials in an ethical manner
- A problem solver and quick study
- Ability to work well independently as well as under supervision
- An outgoing, team player that enjoys helping others and achieving best possible results
- NYPR listener or reader: WNYC Studios, WNYC and/or WQXR listener or Gothamist reader
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume. New York Public Radio must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy. New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.