All of It Internship, Fall 2020 (Remote)
Interns at NYPR are given a robust internship program with hands-on responsibilities. The goal of our internship program is to provide our interns with substantive, meaningful work experience so that each intern concludes the internship period with demonstrable skills in his/her area of interest, plus knowledge of public radio, in general.
"All Of It" is a live magazine-format talk show that airs daily from noon to 2:00 PM. We're looking for smart, curious interns with a broad range of interests and good writing skills to help with the program. We expose you to all aspects of producing live radio.
What your internship will entail:
- Screening Calls
- Evaluating topics for air
- Booking and preparing segments (e.g. writing questions for the host)
- Coming up with ideas for shows, as well as reviewing and evaluating books
- Some journalism and office experience is preferred, but not required
- Applicants should be highly motivated self-starters who can work in an environment of live news radio
- Applicants should be aware of news and political affairs in New York and around the world
- Knowledge and love of the world of music and pop culture a plus
If you would like to be considered for this role you must submit:
Your resume, a cover letter, and also explain the following:
- Describe two of your favorite All Of It segments, and explain why you liked them.
- Describe a subject area or topic you’re especially interested in and why.
- What other shows do you listen to / websites do you visit / things do you read regularly?
Any student (undergraduate or graduate) or person who has graduated no more than 12 months prior to the start of the internship period to which he/she is applying. Because this is a paid internship, interns must be authorized to work in the United States and must be working from one of the following locations while working for NYPR: CA, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NM, NY, PA, WI, Washington DC.
Interns are eligible to receive college credit.
New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.