Manager, Audience Development, QXR Podcasts
Manager, Audience Development, QXR Podcasts
New York Public Radio seeks an experienced, enterprising audience development manager to join the growing audience and marketing team. This role will be primarily focused on audience growth for WQXR, the most listened-to classical music station in America, with a particular emphasis on WQXR’s exciting slate of classical music-oriented podcasts.
The ideal candidate will have several years of podcast audience development and/or marketing experience, with strong knowledge of the entire digital and audio marketing ecosystems. They’ll be a data-informed thinker and planner, with an organic interest in understanding audience behavior through numbers and telling stories with data that help stakeholders make the best possible decisions. Collaboration and solutions-oriented thinking will be central to their execution of audience development and marketing plans. Ideally, they’ll have knowledge of and interest in the world of classical music or arts and culture more broadly.
This role reports to the Director of Audience Development, and will work closely with the VP, Audience Development and Engagement as well as additional colleagues on audience development, creative, and digital distribution focused on growing and engaging audiences for NYPR
- Partner with audience leadership and stakeholders across New York Public Radio to cultivate audiences for WQXR programming across broadcast and digital platforms, with a primary focus on podcasts.
- Support QXR audience goals and KPIs for audience reach, engagement and loyalty
- Execute and iterate plans to launch and grow audiences for new podcasts, driving awareness, discovery, and deeper listening. Plans include using our O&O platforms, promo trades with other shows and organizations with complementary audiences, and employing performance marketing where budgets allow (such as audio promos, promo trades, social promotion and display advertising, and other activities as appropriate).:
- Build audience targeting for all paid campaigns
- Support internal promo activities, including soliciting and organizing promos, liaising with AdOps and digital teams to traffic and maintain tracking on all promos, inventory management and calendaring of promos, and reporting on performance
- Build and maintain KPI reporting for all WQXR podcast audience development activities such as tracking and establishing success metrics, crafting weekly, monthly, quarterly audience insights and preparing post-launch reports in collaboration with stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our listeners through outreach, listening, research and other tools
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience growing audiences for audio content specifically
- Paid marketing experience
- Experience self-serving from analytics platforms, as well as providing data analysis and insights
- Demonstrated experience building audience development and/or marketing plans for digital platforms
- Experience with and/or affinity for classical music
- Spectacular communication skills and habits, with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships across diverse internal teams and external partners
- Affinity for New York Public Radio; WNYC and/or WQXR content and mission a plus.
This is a full-time role with a salary range of $82,500 - $90,000 per year (plus a full benefits package). Salary offered within this range is determined by skills, experience and organizational pay equity. New York Public Radio offers excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as parental leave.
This role operates in a hybrid capacity with an expectation of coming to our NYC office 1-2 days per week. Given this role will be in the office, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.