Production Coordinator, The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space
The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space at WNYC & WQXR is looking for a Production Coordinator. This critical member of our team supports production operations, administrative logistics, and internal communications between The Greene Space and other departments at New York Public Radio. They are also a public-facing member of the team, managing our front-of-house on event days.
The Production Coordinator maintains the systems and processes that keep us running, and is empowered to adapt them to improve team workflow, solve problems, and ensure that we can seamlessly execute our full range of activities including original programming, rental events, and internal meetings. This role also supervises our freelance front-of-house staff and manages relationships with key vendors. This role reports to the Executive Producer of The Greene Space.
- Managing our calendar, scheduling key meetings, and creating production schedules and plans in partnership with producers, rental clients, and internal meeting hosts
- Budgeting and tracking our P&L month-to-month, as well as breakout budgets for series and special projects
- Running box office and front-of-house operations, including managing related freelance staff and vendors
- Sending internal communications about upcoming events, making sure all stakeholders have the information they need to advance our work
- Tracking data and generating reports on our operations and programs
- Working with our Facilities team to maintain cleanliness, function, and compliance with accessibility, health, and safety policies in our space
- Processing contracts, releases, invoices, and other key administrative paperwork
- Purchasing materials and services necessary for production
- 3+ years project management, event management, or production management experience
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing role, in live events, retail, food service, or otherwise
- Experience planning and managing budgets, working with Legal teams on contracts, and creating documents and reports with Google Suite
- Affinity for the community-driven mission of The Greene Space and demonstrated commitment to the values that guide our work
- Success building and managing timelines and communications processes
- Enthusiasm for a live production environment that sometimes requires shifting gears quickly or pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify problems early and come up with creative, workable solutions
- Incredible attention to detail: You’re able to understand the overall picture and dive deep when needed into the minute details of a project at the same time
- High EQ: You are intuitive and can easily work with and for diverse people with different capabilities and needs, whether they’re colleagues, clients, or audience members
- Collaborative and proactive in your approach, equally comfortable jumping into an existing process and making recommendations or building a new one from scratch
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Love for live performance, art, and journalism
- Experience working for a performing arts organization
- Experience working with or for BIPOC artists or community organizations
- Experience using box office software
- Direct supervisory experience
This is a full-time role that includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as parental leave and 403b retirement plan.
This position is part of the New York City staff, and will be regularly scheduled to work on site.
About The Jerome L Greene Performance Space
The Greene Space is the street-level broadcast studio and performance venue of WNYC and WQXR, channeling the collective genius in New York City to create forward-looking live art, theater, and journalism that sparks change. It brings audiences to the intersection of art and politics by leading courageous conversations and curating performances of intense beauty that are deeply rooted locally but relevant to audiences globally. For more information, visit www.thegreenespace.org
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.