Senior Producer, All Of It
WNYC is seeking a new Senior Producer for All Of It hosted by Alison Stewart.
All Of It is WNYC’s 12-2pm live, daily radio show focusing on arts, culture, and life in New York City and beyond. The Senior Producer will work closely with the host, Alison Stewart, and a team of producers to conceive, research, book, write, promote, and present the show every day. This job comes with a rigorous daily workflow that includes booking guests, running pitch meetings, delegating tasks and overseeing the daily operations of a live show. The Senior Producer must have vision and the ability to work with WNYC’s Head of Live Radio and colleagues throughout WNYC, to implement it.
The Senior Producer must be passionate about the opportunity to make live radio. S/he/they should be creative and strategic about how to reach and engage new audiences, both on radio and through our daily podcast.
The Senior Producer must be extremely responsible, highly collaborative, a strong leader, and passionate about a wide range of content. S/he/they needs to be able to juggle many tasks at once while remaining calm and decisive under the pressures of daily tight deadlines. The Senior Producer should be thoughtful about serving listeners, and inspiring the team to bring their creativity and best ideas to life on the radio.
WNYC Radio airs in and around New York City on AM 820 and FM 93.9.
- The Senior Producer is ultimately responsible for the daily show. This includes: setting the daily rundown, running editorial meetings, delegating assignments and making sure the show is booked and the host is prepared every day.
- The Senior Producer supports the host on and off the air.
- The Senior Producer must be knowledgeable and stay up to date on the latest in the news, arts, and culture, ensuring the show is meaningfully connected and responsive to cultural life and events in New York City and beyond.
- The Senior Producer partners with the host and other station leadership to develop strategic plans to grow and develop the show.
- The Senior Producer collaborates across the organization, working with all of the content creators as well as supporting departments.
- The Senior Producer leads a team of 4 -5 producers, building an environment conducive to high levels of productivity, creativity and professional fulfillment.
- The Senior Producer seeks out and forges partnerships with external media organizations and arts and culture institutions.
- The Senior Producer takes the lead on live events (like the show’s live bookclub series) in WNYC’s performance space.
Skills and experience of interest:
- Team leadership – experience running a team and ‘keeping the trains running on time’ is vital.
- Show directing and superb editorial judgment – both in long-term planning and responding to breaking news.
- Deep expertise and understanding of local, regional, and national arts and culture both mainstream and niche.
- Collaboration – high levels of communication and the ability to nurture collaboration are key to this position.
- Experience identifying and developing diverse talent – the show is an important entry point to employment at WNYC.
To apply, please provide a cover letter with a pitch for the show, your favorite segment and why you want this job. Applications received without a cover letter will be disqualified.