Digital Asset Manager
New York Public Radio (NYPR) seeks a Digital Asset Manager to implement and maintain a newly acquired company-wide media asset management system. The system will facilitate the sharing, distribution, and long-term storage of NYPR’s digital assets, which include, but are not limited to radio broadcasts, podcasts, raw audio, photos, graphics, documents, text, video, and marketing material.
The Digital Asset Manager will coordinate the implementation of the new asset management system in conjunction with NYPR’s Archive, Engineering, IT, Digital, and Marketing departments. The candidate will also be the lead strategist for the phased migration of media assets and metadata from NYPR’s various legacy databases and storage arrays. The Digital Asset Manager will be the project lead for any future MAM integrations with existing CMS, broadcast playout, or audio distribution systems.
The qualified candidate will manage the day-to-day operations of the MAMS, which includes governance responsibilities, asset ingest, cataloging and taxonomy, training and user management, troubleshooting, reporting, and analytics.
The right person will be an effective leader, capable of persuasion and able to clearly manage expectations with strong communication skills and robust interpersonal skills to foster lasting relationships both within the asset teams and the wider NYPR community.
- Leads overall strategy, implementation, and workflow designs of the asset management system
- Manages the phased migration of legacy media assets into the MAMS, in coordination with the engineering, IT, archives, digital, and marketing teams
- Acts as product owner and primary liaison between NYPR and MAM vendor
- Creates and manages new users and group access and permissions
- Implements and configures the MAMS system to accommodate NYPR’s taxonomies and metadata schemas
- Works closely with the legal and business development offices to insure proper application of rights metadata to all assets
- In charge of governance, documentation, training, and on-boparding of NYPR staff
- Keeps informed of latest asset management technology trends and innovations
- Other duties as identified and assigned
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of asset management and the public radio community.
Knowledge & Skills
- Significant familiarity with the types of promotional and marketing assets used by a large media company
- 3-5 years experience managing media assets in a media or broadcast environment
- Familiarity with audio production workflows, podcast publishing, radio broadcasting technologies
- Experience of supporting or implementing new processes and systems and exploiting new technologies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, great listener, strong negotiation, persuasion and diplomacy skills, tact and sensitivity
- Skilled at influencing and creating a collaborative approach across all departments and teams.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and work flexibly
- Master’s degree in Library, Information Science, Archiving, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment