Vice President, Digital Membership
Head of Digital Membership
New York Public Radio is seeking a seasoned growth strategist with a track record of using digital channels to drive subscriber revenue for our Digital Membership Program— a new revenue initiative based on converting audiences of our on-demand, weekly podcasts to paying members.
As the VP of Digital Membership, this person will lead all efforts to acquire, engage, convert and retain audiences for our on-demand audio content. The person in this role will also own and lead the adoption of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, leveraging best practices and platform features to deepen our 1:1 relationship with our audience. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Ownership of the Digital Membership Program which includes setting the revenue strategy, launching and owning the growth of the program, establishing and tracking revenue goals and developing meaningful reporting and analysis of the program’s growth
- Spearheading top-of-funnel lead generation activities to build a prospect database to drive member acquisition, conversion and retention through lifecycle marketing
- Leveraging Salesforce Marketing Cloud and utilizing a segmentation strategy to develop and execute compelling user journeys and campaigns to drive conversion and retention
- Lead the messaging and optimization of landing page creative to improve and drive conversion
- Segment customers into meaningful and actionable cohorts, conduct A/B and multivariate tests, establish reporting infrastructure, track and analyze performance, and consistently share results
- Lead the re-platforming of our CRM to Salesforce to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget. Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are included in the SOW and Discovery process. Manage the Product
- 10+ years of relevant experience plus a successful track record of driving revenue growth for a new business through digital channels
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud including Journey Builder is required
- A successful track record of driving user acquisition and retention using digital channels
- A data-driven mindset with the ability to use data to inform, test and iterate quickly
- Highly driven to achieve financial goals
- Ability to think strategically but also drive the execution of projects
- Effective communicator with a strong ability to establish processes
Additional Role Information
This is a full-time role with competitive compensation and eligibility for full benefits including excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation, personal time, sick time, parental leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role is currently operating in a remote capacity and will continue to be fully remote through at least June 2021. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff, and may be expected to work fully from the New York office when it is safe to do so.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.