People Business Partner
New York Public Radio and its main properties, WNYC, WQXR, Gothamist and the Green Space as well as NJ Public Radio, have been engaging the hearts and minds of radio listeners and readers in New York and around the country for generations. To re-invent that tradition and reach a new generation of listeners we are transforming how our audiences discover, listen to, become engaged with, and contribute to NYPR’s programming across our terrestrial and digital platforms.
We are looking for a People Business Partner to join our team in New York City.
As our People Business Partner, you will understand the business, help our managers and leaders with complex challenges and give guidance on people topics. You will be working collaboratively with colleagues to accomplish a variety of people-related goals. As a core part of the team you will be supporting our leaders, managers and employees, to build morale, increase creative productivity and increase retention. You will have the opportunity to innovate and offer ideas and solutions; acting as an employee champion and a change agent.
- Partner with NYPR leadership and managers to define and execute business and talent priorities, key talent decisions, providing advice and expertise.
- Support the day to day business, influencing leaders to address complex organizational and developmental design issues required for business success.
- Coach managers on work force planning, performance, retention, employee relations, and career development.
- Advocates and role models in strategy and action; improved management and employee relationships techniques that build transparency, trust and morale
- Supporting diversity equity and inclusion and internal mobility initiatives
- Actively identifies the current and future talent needs to evaluate and develop bench strength
- Determines business issues requiring compensation solutions
- Maintains in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides guidance on policies, procedures and communications
- Leads established People activities such as the performance management process, employee engagement survey review, annual compensation program, and talent review for their business
- Partners with the People team to identify solutions to business needs and implement core programs and policies including talent acquisition, employee relations, benefits, organizational development, diversity, compensation and systems
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 8-10 years of experience
- Well-rounded and demonstrated technical expertise in several key HR/People disciplines, including recruiting, employee relations, compensation, organizational development, labor relations and DEI
- Excellent relationship development and management skills, with the ability to operate in an empathetic yet influential manner
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly
- Self-starter who is well-suited to a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Exceptional judgment and problem-solving skills
- A data-driven approach to identifying priorities, communicating progress, and measuring results
- Clear, poised, and concise communication
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.