Director of Talent Recruitment
Director of Talent Recruitment
New York Public Radio (NYPR) is looking for a Director of Talent Recruitment, reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer. This is a critical role that partners with leaders who are dedicated to New York Public Radio’s mission of making the mind more curious, the heart more open and the spirit more joyful through excellent journalism and audio programming that is deeply rooted in New York. Our employees make this community possible and the Director of Talent Recruitment will be a key leader in helping us build a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
This key member of the Human Resources team will lead all aspects of Recruiting across NYPR. This role will partner closely with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Human Resources Business Partner teams, to develop, implement, and execute consistent, inclusive, and fair hiring practices.
Leading Recruiting for NYPR, the Director of Talent Recruitment will take a hands-on approach to driving NYPR’s attraction, recruiting, and retention of talent.
- Drive and implement consistent and trusted recruitment policies, processes, strategy, and operations across the organization.
- Partner with VP of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to develop strategies that diversify our sources of talent and also ensure a hiring process that is equitable and inclusive.
- Own full cycle recruiting for key roles.
- Establish benchmarks and accountability metrics, including around retention and internal hires, providing regular reporting to senior leadership, Hiring Managers and staff.
- Evaluate and improve the efficacy of the path-to-hire process including efforts to expand external and internal awareness of NYPR brand as employer of choice, developing relationships with a wide and diverse group of external organizations and candidates, and working with stakeholders to source internal candidates and offer development opportunities to current employees
- Train hiring managers and staff participating on interview panels on internal policies and processes and interviewing best practices.
- Leading recruitment across multiple employee groups (exempt, non-exempt, unionized, non-unionized).
- Significant experience successfully leading a talent function. Full-cycle recruiting expertise.
- Proven experience as an advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including experience incorporating the perspectives of diverse communities and constituents.
- Excellent communication skills—with specific and significant experience building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds
- Experience building sourcing practices across inbound and outbound platforms, including building pipelines from communities of color and other underrepresented groups.
- Experience as a human resources business partner, or experience working in close partnership with the HR function preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal legislation and compliance standards (e.g., EEOC, ADA, Title VII, Affirmative Action, etc.)
- Experience at a non-profit or media environment a plus
If you don't meet all the bullet points, but think you'd be a great candidate, apply and tell us why!
New York Public Radio is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
New York Public Radio is committed to building a staff that reflects the full diversity of the city and listeners we serve. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.