Technical Data Analyst
From broadcast to podcast, classical music to local journalism, New York Public Radio reaches over 24 million people across the world in service of its mission to make the mind more curious, the heart more open and the soul more joyful. For nearly a century, New York Public Radio has shaped broadcast with radio stations such as New York’s flagship public radio station (WNYC) and classical music station (WQXR). Now New York Public Radio is a multimedia organization, producing innovative content such as podcasts Radiolab and On the Media as well as local journalism with Gothamist.
Join New York Public Radio as a Technical Data Analyst to to be at the forefront of growing, understanding, and shaping its audience. In this role, you will work as part of the team charged with gathering, analyzing and reporting actionable insights across a wide variety of different channels, content, teams and industries.
As a Technical Data Analyst, you will serve as a technical expert on the Research and Audience Insights team. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the building including content creators to produce dashboards and other data products to answer business questions and drive strategic decisions. In collaboration with the engineering and product teams, you will play a key role in the maintenance and improvement of our data pipelines to improve performance and accessibility. Finally, you will work closely with your peers on the data team to increase the impact of New York Public Radio by promoting data literacy, strategy and leadership across the organization.
- Manage Looker, our business intelligence tool, through thoughtful and deliberate data schema design and actionable reporting
- Partner with Engineering and Product to maintain and improve data pipelines and ETL (extract-transform-load) processes
- Build user-facing data products including dashboards and modeling tools to surface continuous insights
- Be an expert in all the data underlying our business, teasing out insights and questions
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, business intelligence or engineering, especially in business, finance or media
- Strong proficiency in SQL. Experience writing/ reading code, especially Python, preferred
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Looker or equivalent Business Intelligence tool
- Experience with Google Analytics or equivalent Digital Analytics tool
- Experience with relational databases and database design
- Full-time position (40 hours/week) with competitive compensation package
- Eligible for full insurance benefits (medical, vision, dental, prescription)
- Eligible for retirement benefits
- Fantastic paid time off package of 15 vacation days days in 1st year plus personal/sick days pro-rated based on start date, and 9-10 company paid holidays annually
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.