Senior Revenue Analytics Analyst
Senior Revenue Analytics Analyst
As a Senior Revenue Analytics Analyst in the Sponsorship department at New York Public Radio, you will help define and implement programs that increase revenue and sales metric transparency and exercise your influence across process improvement, sales tools and automation, account and territory strategy, and compensation and incentives.
Join our team and help shape the future of a growing multiplatform media company including the largest public radio station in the country alongside award winning podcast studio and digital display operation. You’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas and run with them.
- Work alongside Sponsorship sales and operations leadership to develop strategic objectives, forecast and performance metrics.
- Work side-to-side with the Finance department in running our compensation and incentives programs and calculating commissions and incentives payments.
- Ensure sales data integrity to ensure accurate commissions and support our commission audit process.
- Oversee month end financial close procedures. Collaborate with the Finance Department for reconciliation on revenue, commission, and expenses.
- Lead our sales technology strategy, advising on potential new tool adoption, evaluating vendors, and helping implement and train sellers on new sales technology.
- Assist in all facets of sales forecasting and budgeting, working closely with our SVP of Sponsorship to implement our yearly plan, including headcount planning, productivity and target setting across teams and how it affects our sales compensation program.
- Produce data-driven recommendations that will set our sales strategy and process improvement based on your hand-on analysis of our data. Focus on sell through, CPM, and delivery and underdelivery metrics is key here, in addition to the foundational ability to compute revenue analytics.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales analytics, preferably in a media sales environment. You have superior analytical skills, program management experience. Bonus points if you have previously managed a sales compensation program.
- Prior experience as with Salesforce CRM and creating pipeline and activity dashboards.
- Action Orientation. You know what needs to be done to drive results in a sales organization and you do not let anything stand in the way of the mission.
- Entrepreneurial. You have worked with start-ups and emerging organizations. You get motivated by experimentation and learning. Demonstrate grit when things do not work as expected, and able and willing to pivot into a new approach when necessary.
- Technically Savvy. You are an Excel Wizard and you understand well the data structure of a CRM. Bonus if you have good working knowledge of VBA, SQL, and other tools for deep data analysis.
- Excellent Communicator. You drive your ideas with the backing of solid data-driven analysis. Can get into the very specific details of a project or present our high-level sales strategy in front our CEO.
- A True Team Player. You are a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player.
- Sales Minded. You have expertise with all phases of the sales and business development lifecycle. You get motivated by helping sales stay productive and hitting our number. (Prior direct sales experience also a plus!)
- Results & Process-oriented. You leverage a well-defined, repeatable process and are all about results.
This is a full-time role that includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, and generous time off benefits including vacation, personal and sick time and parental leave.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this role is currently operating in a remote capacity. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff, and may be expected to work fully from the New York office when it is safe to do so.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.