Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
New York Public Radio, home to WNYC, WQXR, WNYC Studios, and The Greene Space, is seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Manager This position is an integral part of the finance team and is responsible for supporting Financial Reporting as well ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the reporting and analysis database.
- Implement the redesign of Management and Board reporting packages
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly and quarterly financial statements, management reports, variance analysis and Board and Committee reports.
- Prepare periodic reports for external partners as dictated by partnership agreement.
- Support the preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flow projections.
- Participate in the implementation of software tools to improve efficiency in budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes.
- Develop ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc materials and presentations for the Board and Senior Management on a monthly and as-needed basis.
- Establish strong lines of collaboration with department liaisons and coordinating timely and accurate data input from departments.
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required
- Experience creating management reports in reporting databases, such as Prophix Software.
- Advanced experience in reporting software and tools including Excel pivot tables, PowerPoint and other report writers required
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills essential for building relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Self-directed with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and teams and work in a fast- paced environment with tight deadlines and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrable skills in taking initiative and being proactive to identify and solve issues
- Ability to explain differences succinctly and effectively, depending on the audience
- Ability to be very detail oriented, ensuring all numbers tie across reporting packages.
This is a full-time role which includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as generous parental leave.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this role is currently operating in a remote capacity and will continue to be fully remote through at least June 2021. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff, and may be expected to work fully from the New York office when it is safe to do so.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.