Temporary Live Events & Digital Content Producer, The Greene Space
Temporary Live Events + Digital Content Producer, The Greene Space
The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space at WNYC & WQXR is looking for a Temporary Live Events + Digital Content Producer to join our team.
The Greene Space is the live, public embodiment of WNYC, WQXR and WNYC Studios' shows, as well as a producer of our own original programming and home to a growing artist residency program. We produce 100+ public programs each season for in house and digital audiences, including discussions, debates, concerts, game shows, podcast tapings, and theatrical productions. The Live Events + Digital Content Producer role is both creative and managerial, as it involves content development, research, casting, and writing scripts, but also creating schedules, directing rehearsals and live productions, and some administrative tasks related to production.
We are a small staff with a workload that varies from day to day and throughout the course of a season. Our producers must have relevant production experience along with excellent judgment, ability to manage competing deadlines, strong verbal and written communication skills, team spirit, and good humor. Join us if you’re curious, unflappable, able to thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment, and ready to do whatever it takes because “the show must go on” – and this can include anything from landing a big guest to unloading the dishwasher. Previous experience in live events is strongly preferred, but flexibility and willingness to learn is prized above all.
This is a temporary one year opportunity.
- Produce events and collaborate on post-production of related audio and video content to ensure impactful IRL and digital experiences. Developing show concepts, conducting research, and drafting scripts and schedules
- Book talent and maintaining professional communication with them
- Running production meetings and working with the Production Coordinator to generate master production plans
- Serve as a director and stage manager for events, coordinating the efforts of team members and marshaling resources as necessary for a successful production
- Draft and edit copy about The Greene Space’s programming for internal and external communications
- Partner with the Marketing, Audience and Engagement Manager and Video Producer to ensure that the digital communications about programming are accurate and compelling
- Work with the Production Coordinator to ensure that any necessary contracts, releases, and invoices are created and processed
- Collaborate with colleagues who are focused on audience development, publicity, marketing, and social media to help promote TGS programming
- Special projects as assigned, including occasional festivals and live events produced outside The Greene Space
- 4+ years production experience
- Affinity for the community-driven mission of The Greene Space and demonstrated commitment to the values that guide our work
- Enthusiasm for a live production environment that sometimes requires shifting gears quickly or pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and proactively solve problems
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing tasks related to several different projects at once
- High EQ: You are intuitive and can easily work with and for diverse people with different capabilities and needs, whether they’re colleagues, talent, or audience members
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of performing arts, music, culture and news
- Love for live performance, art, and journalism and a commitment to highlighting the work of BIPOC artists and journalists
- Experience working for a media or performing arts organization, preferred
This is a full-time one year role with a salary range of $82,500-$85,000 (plus a full benefits package). Salary offer within this range is determined by skills, experience and organizational pay equity. New York Public Radio offers excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as parental leave.
This role will be regularly scheduled to work on-site. Given this, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
About The Jerome L Greene Performance Space
The Greene Space is the street-level broadcast studio and performance venue of WNYC and WQXR, channeling the collective genius in New York City to create forward-looking live art, theater, and journalism that sparks change. It brings audiences to the intersection of art and politics by leading courageous conversations and curating performances of intense beauty that are deeply rooted locally but relevant to audiences globally. For more information, visit www.thegreenespace.org
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.