Senior Front-end Developer
The Freedom Network is a platform for distributing digital offers to shoppers, wherever they may be: at home, in store, or on the go. Freedom engages tens of millions of shoppers, and the offers distributed through our platform have provided consumers with well over $10M in savings on groceries and staple items.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to help us build the user-facing tools for our Freedom digital incentives network. In this role, you will be a senior contributor on a small cross-functional team that iteratively delivers value to our customers. This team is currently wholly responsible for the entire technology stack of our B2B product, and has full autonomy in the technical and architecture choices that it makes.
You will enjoy this role if you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. You will work directly with product managers, designers, and internal users to design features for the platform. You will also collaborate closely with the Director of Engineering for the Freedom platform to help evolve the frontend architecture of the Freedom platform. Finally, you will be counted on by your teammates to provide guidance and mentorship as they develop the features on the platform.
Our software runs on Amazon Web Services. Our frontend is built with React, Redux, and GraphQL, and there are some older pieces built in PHP. We build backend services with the PHP Phalcon Framework, MySQL, and AWS Lambda. We ship code to production frequently, and typically release software once or twice a week. We have a reliable automated test suite, and in general it’s really easy to get things done.
We place a high value on people who have a deep understanding of software architecture and modern development practices, and who embody Checkout 51’s cultural values.
- Implement new features and functionality for the users of our platform
- Work on a cross-functional Scrum team
- Lead technical design discussions and help drive decision making
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Support and mentor other members of the team
- Participate in our dev-on-call rotation
- You have experience building complex front-end single page applications
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand how to find a balance between short term needs and longer term runway
- You understand the fundamentals of web technology and are opinionated about modern frontend tools and frameworks
- You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to a diverse group of stakeholders with appropriate levels of technical depth.
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
- Demonstrated experience in building single page applications with React and Redux
Nice To Have:
- Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL and AWS
- Experience in a startup environment