Sr. Network Engineer
News America Marketing is currently looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to provide enterprise-level network support for our Network infrastructure spanning across multiple offices in the U.S. and Canada. The position is located in our Wilton, CT office.
You will help lead network strategy, design, maintenance, expansion, and operation of our multiple networks, data center, and DR sites. Other responsibilities include diagnosing and troubleshooting network hardware and software issues including helping to support our DevOps, application development teams, and platform teams.
Responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring network hardware and software, providing 24/7 support for network issues and outages.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate all components of the Cisco Network and Telephony implementations involving software, communications appliances, circuits, routers, and end-station devices.
- Make use of software and hardware tools to observe and regulate the performance and status of all network resources, real-time and proactive monitoring of all network and telecommunications systems.
- Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance
- Design, architect, and maintain a secure and highly available LAN/WAN environment to support the mission-critical networking requirements.
- Enhance and improve the existing network infrastructure.
- Define, implement, and oversee the daily operational processes for all network and telecommunications systems. Maintain 24x7x365 coverage and support for network and voice systems. Implement change control and documentation processes.
- Utilize the deployed network management systems to gather data and produce reports for capacity utilization and performance/scalability planning purposes.
- Traveling up to 10% may be required.
- Minimum 7 years involvement planning, building and running an enterprise network
- Extensive knowledge Network Security, including the design, configuration, and tuning of Palo Alto Firewalls, ACL configuration, IPSec tunnels, SSL VPN, NAT, ASA
- Cisco CCNP or superior certification favored, BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on network engineering and troubleshooting experience, strong computer science or telecommunications background, Cisco CCNP, or higher certification desirable.
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies such as Citrix Netscalers
- Extensive knowledge and experience of core routing and switching, design, configuration, troubleshooting and usage of recommended best practices
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Cisco Nexus and Catalyst lines of switches
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony solutions
- Experience with Cloud-based technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Understanding of routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, LAN technologies, redundancy, HSRP, and WAN connectivity
- Understanding of Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, VPC, RSPAN Monitoring, Multicast
- Understanding and configuration experience of Cisco Meraki Wireless, Access Points, wireless redundancy, roaming, remote office access points
- Network troubleshooting skills utilizing tools such as Solarwinds
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service-oriented mindset
7+ years of hands-on Network Infrastructure support and engineering experience with the ability to work as part of a very small team.