Senior iOS Developer
Sr. iOS Developer
Checkout 51 is one of the top mobile shopping applications in Canada and the US. With over 10M members using our iOS and Android apps, we’re growing our team so we can find even better ways to help them save money on a range of everyday purchases! We are entering an exciting phase of growth, as we leverage location-based and data-driven technologies to deliver more exciting offers to our members.
As a Senior iOS Developer and technical lead, you will be fully responsible for building and improving our iOS native application. This includes working with our product and UX team to design and develop new features and manage releases, but will also get opportunities to work with our marketing and other business teams on new features. You will also be responsible for technical improvements to the app including keeping frameworks up to date, improving app performance, and managing technical debt.
- Build and maintain new features on our iOS application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of our app
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help debug performance issues with the app.
- Proficient with either Objective-C or Swift, but with some experience in the other language.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with Firebase services is a nice to have.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of source control management (We use GitHub)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (Our pipeline is based on CircleCI.)
About the Checkout 51 Mobile Team
- We practice Kanban with releases every 4-6 weeks.
- We have flexible start/finish times with core hours starting with our 10 AM daily standup. Working from home can be supported in certain cases.
- We regularly share knowledge and practices with other development teams at Checkout 51 and News America Marketing.
- Our infra is 100% cloud based, using AWS Compute, Storage and Database services including EC2, ECS, RDS (MySql), S3, Lambda, etc.
- We take testing seriously, and write unit, integration tests and performance tests.
- We have a strong DevOps culture; we own the code that we push to production by providing on-call support and keeping an eye on application performance and logs.