Sr. Product Manager
Job title: Senior Product Manager
Checkout 51 is one of the top mobile shopping applications in Canada and the US. With millions of members using our iOS and Android apps, we’re growing our team so we can find even better ways to help them save money on their everyday items!
As a member of the Product team, you will work on member-facing products. You’ll be a key member of the team, responsible for owning projects from ideation to release and working with other Product Managers to prioritize features, fixes and enhancements. This is a high output role - both in quality and quantity. The Product Team moves fast, deploying code changes weekly. We work hard, we build things, and we take full responsibility for the quality of our product changes. We keep our projects moving in an organized and thorough way, doing whatever we can to ship the best possible product.
From Data Requests to bug fixes, minor system upgrades to major app releases, you’ll be part of the entire product cycle and a valuable, contributing member of our team.
- Having your finger on the pulse of our members, brand partners, and internal needs
- Being all-over the data - including internal metrics, customer support reports, and Google Analytics.
- Using the data be able to provide an ROI analysis on large and small features
- Analyzing data to discover problems, spot opportunities, and measure success.
- Understanding overall product strategy to ensure your work contributes to business objectives.
- Defining specs for new features and product enhancements that solve problems and keep us moving towards our vision.
- Checking in with various teams to ensure your work aligns with other areas of the organization.
- Working closely with our UI designers to get their input and turn ideas into mock-ups.
- Working with our dev team to understand the technicalities of your proposed product changes, and continually editing until all details and edge cases have been covered.
- Writing final “stories,” getting them scoped out, putting them into our system, bringing them to Iteration meetings, and helping to prioritize where they fit in with the rest of the product team's.
- Managing product features and enhancements through development, answering developer’s questions and navigating through issues that arise.
- Leading testing kick-offs with developers, creating robust testing plans, executing and managing all aspects of QA (including setting up necessary use cases, keeping testing documents up-to-date, and bringing feedback to developer in an organized way).
- Signing off on a completed project when you’re confident it’s release-ready.
- Monitoring the impact of your changes through data and/or community/member support.
- A seasoned Product Manager, with 4+ years experience and proven ability to ship quality products. Experience with iOS + Android apps is a huge plus.
- Incredibly organized with the ability to multi-task. You can run a tight ship while overseeing multiple projects. Knowing how to prioritize is key.
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and speech. You over-communicate, keeping all who need to know, in the know.
- All over it. When you’re on a project, you know the status of every piece. You leave no stone unturned, no task forgotten. You live and breathe details and deadlines.
- Able to lead, being clear on goals and running point on others through a process.
- Self-motivated, willing to step up and help out in any way you can. There’s no such thing as “that’s not my job” on the Product team.
- Passionate about making Checkout 51 better for members, clients, and employees.
About News America Marketing
News America Marketing (NAM) is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s solutions are available via multiple distribution channels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application. News America Marketing, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at newsamerica.com.
News America Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Your personal information will be collected and used by News America Marketing and/or its affiliated companies to process and respond to your application, contact you regarding current and future employment or internship opportunities and as otherwise set out in our Applicant Privacy Notice available here: Applicant Privacy Notice