Data Analyst - Remote
We seek a Data Analyst to build a fresh pathway to understanding for data hungry business leaders. Our Data Operating System Team is passionate about serving our 14,000+ customers, as well as crafting a bespoke Enterprise customer experience.
As an experienced problem-solver partnering with FP&A and Accounting, transform how we use data to understand, take action, and optimize our business!
In addition to our central San Francisco location (expected to open up again in 2022), we are good with remote candidates who can work West Coast hours from a home office where New Relic can do business.
What You’ll Do
- Perform exploratory data analysis of new data sources to gain a deeper understanding of how that data will advise business decisions.
- Transform data to make it more universally usable for all analysts in the company.
- Work closely with Data Engineers/Scientists in order to automate the collection and analysis of the raw data required for the models you build.
- Routinely write efficient, legible, and well-commented SQL. Create useful self-service dashboards for business partners.
- Clearly scope, track, execute and communicate on projects in an Agile environment.
- Partner with business owners in marketing, product, finance, sales, engineering, etc, to extract and analyze data from large data tables using SQL, Excel, Python, or R to translate findings into actions.
- 1-2 years writing sophisticated queries with SQL.
- 1 year experience communicating analytical findings to leaders, including metric dashboarding, storytelling, and presentation skills, making recommendations based on data-backed insights.
- Competent at explaining “what it is,” “why it matters,” and “what should we do,” in terms of data and analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Growth metrics knowledge and use of SaaS Pirate metrics, calculations, and definitions (AARRR).
- 1+ year of Python/R/SAS/SPSS experience, understanding how to use statistical and machine learning packages.
- Use of Periscope Data, Looker, Mode Analytics, JIRA (tickets), Airflow (Data ETL), Redshift, and/or Snowflake.
- Experience with some of these dataset types or specific tools: CRM (Salesforce/Gainsight), Billing Systems (Zuora), and Financial Planning (Anaplan).
- Connecting data sources and building dashboards in Tableau.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.