Director, Product Management - Growth
Director, Product Growth
San Francisco, California
As a Director, Product Growth, you will help us drive product-led growth and adoption across our company. You will be a key member of our Product Strategy and Operations Leadership team, and your role will function at the intersection of marketing and product development.
Your goal will be to drive funnel optimization and to prioritize native Growth experiences within our products. Your primary focus is product activation and first-time user experience to expand existing customers and automate new customer onboarding. Your secondary focus is user retention and monetization within our products. You will partner with Product Management leadership on growth priorities with support on execution and delivery from Growth Marketing, Design, Analytics, and Product Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Identify gaps and define solutions for driving in-product activation experiences to drive improvements in on-boarding and activation metrics for each product area.
- Organic persona product based growth execution starting with first 10 days experience
- In product customer experience measurement
- Use funnel metrics from the Growth Marketing team to prioritize sections of the customer journey for optimization. Help guide Product Management leadership on how to think and act on funnel optimization for their line of business.
- Surface customer insights by synthesizing quantitative and qualitative research. Develop deep customer empathy to drive prioritization of Growth experiences.
- Implement a framework and drive experimentation, analytics, and Growth techniques in the Product org and deliver on funnel optimization. Provide transparency and consistency to the cadence of funnel optimization.
- Identify big ideas that move the needle on signups, launches, and active users.
- Optimize user flows for signup, trial, onboarding, and support.
- Plan and drive sprints, maintaining a roadmap and shipping impactful changes.
- Use MVPs and experiments to learn quickly and make data-driven decisions.
- Synthesize a deep understanding of user needs with instrumentation and user research.
- 7+ years experience or an equivalent combination of experience/education required in product management, technical leadership, and/or engineering
- SaaS experience required with experience leading a section of Growth at a B2B or B2C company (e.g. top, middle, and/or bottom funnel - B2C experience in Growth preferred)
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions
- An entrepreneurial mindset, ready to assemble and lead cross-functional team
- Multiple experiences influencing senior leadership to prioritize your recommendations for customer experience and business outcome optimization.
- Aptitude for applying structure to ambiguity and driving toward measurable outcomes and results. Comfortable with the challenging and experimental nature of work
- Strong history of defining strategy, executing against a plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both internally and with partners
- A strong self-starter bias and the wisdom to know when to collaborate to achieve your goals. You have rich experience building trust relationships across an organization, with teammates at all levels
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.