Senior Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances
Senior Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances
San Francisco, California
Partnerships are the foundation for driving preference in the market for the New Relic Platform and are a significant source of new opportunity identification with our sales teams. New Relic’s Alliances and Channels team act as the master-minds behind these strategic relationships, and our team continues to expand!
The Senior Director, Alliances will lead a team responsible for expanding existing alliances and developing new relationships including the cloud providers (such as AWS, Microsoft, Google and IBM), our expanding ecosystem of technical alliances (ISV’s) and various strategic alliances that may include companies such as Pivotal, ServiceNow, VMware, RedHat, Salesforce, etc. These partnerships and the broader partner ecosystem form the foundation for a significant part of New Relic’s go-to-market strategy and longer-term strategic horizons as the company expands in the enterprise.
The Senior Director will serve as the primary point of contact for our alliances, along with a small team of alliance managers and/or ISV managers. This role will require a player/coach approach where the Senior Director will be responsible for some key relationships, and lead a small team in the development of various other relationships.
In addition to the external business development efforts, the Senior Director will need to work internally to build, develop and manage the elements of various programs such as developer programs and technical alliances. The Sr Director will need to work cross-functionally across New Relic teams including sales, channel sales, marketing, product management, development/engineering, pre-sales, finance, legal, services, support, and education. This person will be charged with establishing a shared vision between New Relic and the partner developing and executing the strategic plan and nurturing key executive relationships required to support the plan.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the team responsible for business development efforts and go-to-market strategy with various strategic and technical alliances.
- Develop and Expand business relationships with cloud and platform alliances
- Develop relationships with technical alliances which may include companies that build integrations with New Relic, and other types of technical relationships
- Recruit and develop team members to execute the Alliances plan
- 10-15 years of experience in software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management
- Strong relationships with key executives in the cloud, SaaS and IT industry including companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, IBM, ServiceNow, VMware, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, etc
- Experience with direct and indirect sales and go-to-market initiatives with SaaS platforms
- Experience enabling enterprise sales organizations, and programs such as solution selling
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Demonstrated track record of successful quota attainment in a sales and alliances role, tracking all types of measurements including sell through, sell to and sell with (partner influence)
- Demonstrated aptitude for emerging industry trends including digital transformation, DevOps, microservices, containers, orchestration, cloud adoption
- Familiarity with Cloud environments, Containers, IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP), PaaS, SaaS
- Experience motivating, leading, developing a team of go-to-market professionals
- Aptitude to develop, negotiate, and implement partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Ability to develop new strategic alliances and field partnerships
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- International go-to-market experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.