Director, Content Marketing
The Director of Content Marketing will plan and lead a wide variety of New Relic’s content that will be widely read, ranging from the website, to long and short-form content pieces used in integrated marketing campaigns, to thought-provoking research, creative campaign assets, technical blogs, and beyond. You and your team will ensure that we are delivering important, exciting, timely, and original content on a consistent, ongoing basis that helps our audiences think about their roles differently and overcome the challenges that keep them up at night!
You will partner with various stakeholders, from C-level executives to Product leaders, to engineers and developers, to Marketing and beyond. You will take sophisticated topics and turn those into compelling points of view that engineers, developers, and C-level audiences connect with. Your collaboration will support thought leadership, campaigns/demand generation, and PR/communications programs to drive brand awareness, new user sign-ups, and conversion to paid accounts. By combining both storytelling and research, you will lead our company-wide effort to build and evolve our narrative to engage and delight audiences in our brand.
What You'll Do
- Bring a deep understanding of B2B technology combined with personable storytelling which is grounded in captivating proof points, customer stories, and industry-leading perspectives.
- Drive content strategy for New Relic including the corporate website, global marketing campaigns, demand gen and growth programs, the New Relic blog, podcast, and beyond.
- Collaborate across functions, leading shifts from product-focused to audience-focused messaging and storytelling.
- Ensure publication of a steady stream of impactful, high-quality content based on a committed, rolling 12-month editorial calendar.
- Spend a significant amount of time understanding the data behind the efficiency and return on investment of our content while
- Deliver significant insights to the market that matter for developers, operations professionals all the way to C-level executives. This research will be based on our company data, but also interviews/surveys with customers/prospects/C-level executives in IT.
- Evaluate and lead valuable metrics and success criteria that drive traffic, engagement, dialog, preference, brand awareness, and strategic intent for customers and prospects.
- 10+ years of related experience in editing for technology-based companies.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into stories and content that connect with audiences across a wide spectrum (by geography, by industry, by level within the company, and beyond).
- Expertise in editorial planning to writing and editing, as well as ability to drive an editorial calendar.
- Keen understanding of inter-connectivity of strategy, company storytelling, brand building, and all aspects of communications.
- Firm grasp of current storytelling across multiple channels, digital strategies, brand development experience gained in a B2B software environment.
- Creative problem solver, a growth-focused individual who can articulate a ground-breaking vision to multiple personas.
- Detailed insight into the marketing funnel and how to build, deliver and measure content that accelerates top, middle, and bottom of funnel results.
Remote applicants considered.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.