Lead Software Engineer (UI/Backend) - Remote
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Are you an experienced Senior or Lead Software Engineer with a passion for mentoring, providing technical direction, and shipping software that delights customers? We’re searching for a Staff Engineer to help the Account Growth (AG) teams build the next generation of New Relic account management tools.
What You’ll Do
Your primary responsibilities are to accelerate and de-risk outcomes with a dedication to delivering, supporting teams, and mentoring high talent engineers.
What It's Like
- Partnering with the Director of Engineering in building technical roadmaps.
- Rapidly mastering technologies and architecture of the systems.
- Finding ways you can have the highest impact.
- Hands-on coding, troubleshooting, gathering data to support decisions or highlight problems, and leadership.
- High stakes objectives where you’ll need creative approaches to realize them.
Reasons You'd Love This Role
- You enjoy meeting people and quickly building rapport.
- A growth mentality. Willing to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A sense of optimism.
- You get things done regardless of how ambitious or challenging the work.
- You encourage others and find ways to deepen their skills.
- 7 or more years as an engineer, with outstanding technical ability.
- Experience in a wide range of technologies including Elixir, Java, React JS, and Apache Kafka
- Strong operational experience. Ideally in a 24x7 SaaS environment.
- Proven experience mentoring other software engineers.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-directed and self-managing working style.
- Comfortable with a range of work from fast proof of concept to careful contributions in risk-averse problem domains.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.