Director, Web Design - Open to Remote
Remote candidates will be considered.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
The Marketing Team is seeking a design leader to join our high-impact Creative Team in support of our Growth Marketing, Web and Analytics team. As a key contributor on our Corporate Marketing team, you’ll lead design and visual execution of all digital marketing experiences to bring the New Relic brand to life online. Your work will help achieve our business goals by encouraging our customers to explore, sign up and use New Relic!
The ideal candidate has experience both researching and building conversion oriented digital experiences from concept through post-launch analysis and continuous improvement. They are comfortable collaborating with a broad array of internal customers – including executives, business strategists, product owners, design, and development teams. They are equally comfortable leading other designers as they are rolling up their sleeves to dive into the design work. The role will balance being the voice of the customer in digital design with designs scale appropriately from both a technical and design system perspective.
What You’ll Do
- Own the day-to-day execution and long-term evolution of our brand across all digital marketing experiences for our customers
- Use consultative tactics to understand the needs of multiple end user personas as they move through multifaceted stages of the user experience, with the end goal of driving conversion
- Design efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions, as well as be familiar with existing UI frameworks
- Partner with design, research, language, and product management to build cohesive end-to-end experiences that seamlessly tie from website to product
- Actively participate in sprint planning meetings to ensure we are thinking through all requirements that are coming through the funnel
- Identify and communicate front-end methodologies
- Maintain, evolve and improve current design system, including typography, color, and iconography, in partnership with Creative Director
- Lead, mentor and develop junior designers to deliver compelling a UI for customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10+ years of in-house or agency experience in digital design, UI/UX, user interface design, web design, or quantitative/analytical field, and 5+ years working closely with engineering and/or developer teams
- Highly proficient in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite and working knowledge common web technologies to support common tasks including visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, accessibility audits, and web prototyping
- Deep understanding of fundamental visual design fields (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.); able to build dynamic and engaging functional designs
- Experience crafting and running a design system with custom digital experiences at the user or segment level; Ability to prototype interactive experiences
- Strong understanding of content management systems and crafting online experiences for scale, including delivering highly usable and reusable toolsets for all of our business partners
- Experience solving cross-browser compatibility issues and performance considerations
- Experience optimizing digital interfaces for greater engagement, conversion and brand affinity, aided by A/B testing methods and technology like Optimizely, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Superb communication capabilities – written, verbal and visual/spatial
- Comfort in a full-stack environment, and have experience and understanding of building comprehensive user interfaces and data driven products
Nice to have:
- Enterprise CMS experience in the tech/SaaS industry, preferably using Drupal and WordPress
- Experience leading Design Thinking workshops and projects
- Understanding of other marketing channels including: email marketing, social media, content, SEO, and SEM/paid advertising
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.