Senior Manager, Procurement
As the Senior Manager, Procurement, you will be part of the Vendor Management Office (VMO) leading Procurement as the “Go-To” individual for the entire Procure to Pay Life Cycle (P2P) in a very exciting time to support mentoring and building a team/processes to support our key business partners and deliver company-wide support. You will provide internal client support, and handle interactions between stakeholders, purchase requests, contract management, risk, privacy, and security being the liaison to all lines of business through the VMO. This role will act as the primary resource and lead a team of buyers for New Relic’s enterprise-wide Coupa Procure-to-Pay system, including all intake from Purchase Requisitions (PR) to issuing Purchase Orders (PO).
The successful candidate will handle the Coupa system for Procurement including all enhancements and maintenance for the P2P process in partnership with finance and accounting. You will also perform all systems reporting and resolve internal client issues. You should have strong knowledge related to automated procurement management systems, report and presentation development, contract lifecycle management, vendor management best practices, and policy development.
What You'll Do
- Lead and maintain entire procurement purchasing process end to end.
- You will lead all aspects of the execution of daily transactional operations and support the Strategic Sourcing/Contracts team in onboarding and contracting.
- Lead vendor relationships including handling the contract e-signing process as well as liaising between vendors and internal business partners.
- Lead vendor intake process across all vendors standardizing a common set of terms and conditions at the procurement level.
- Be the first touch point to field purchase requests and process per the New Relic set of playbooks.
- Develop and provide training and assistance to internal business partners on working with the collective VMO and Coupa P2P system.
- Track and report all purchasing related activities and create a variety of reports and other procurement support materials from reporting tools.
- Provide analysis/reports of data elements within the Coupa, including overall spend/savings metrics, system adoption rate, supplier analytics, buyer KPIs and procurement performance metrics.
- Provide functional support, and update system configuration in Coupa for enhancements and ongoing updates including application upgrades and new functionality.
- Evaluate and recommend innovative changes to improve effectiveness of the procurement processes including automation.
- Work both autonomously and within a cross functional matrixed team making data driven decisions for the procurement, contracting, and the vendor management processes.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree business, information systems, or related field and/or 5-7 years of direct experience in a procurement administration or management role.
- Experience providing internal/external customer support.
- Proven ability to build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Technical knowledge in an ERP or Contract Management System with at least 3-5 years’ experience within preferred “Coupa” Procurement and Contract Modules (i.e. NetSuite, JIRA, Oracle, SAP, Ariba, Apttus, Lexis Nexus).
- Excellent MS Office/Google Suite: (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sheets, and Docs).
- Must possess a high degree of organizational and administrative skills, and proactively lead the Procurement and Tier 1 Contracting process.
- Ability to make sound decisions at an individual and team level.
- Knowledge of the procurement, contract lifecycle, including RFx (RFI, RFQ, and RFP), vendor contract redlines process, and contract development.
- Advanced experience in understanding legal contracts structures for master service agreements, statements of work, and service level agreements.
- Experience in vendor pricing methodology such as rate cards, tiered pricing, cloud/hosted based offerings such as SaaS.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.