Senior Director, Web Strategy and Analytics
New Relic is looking for an innovative and engaging leader to join the team as Senior Director, Web Strategy & Analytics.
This person will play a meaningful role in shaping New Relic’s digital experiences. You will lead a team of marketers, analysts, and engineers.
This is a highly cross-functional and strategic role that requires strong partnerships with our Marketing, Go-to-Market, and Product Management teams to conceive and execute a strategy that successfully shapes New Relic's web properties to be as differentiated as our platform.
The successful candidate is a smart, ambitious, and experienced leader that can ensure a best-in-class digital experience for our audiences. You demonstrate grit and determination in a high-growth environment, thrive in collaborative situations, and enjoy working cross-functionally.
We are seeking a marketing technologist and strategist whose background includes a wide range of marketing expertise and achievements:
- You’re an authority in digital marketing with a strong focus on web publishing in an enterprise CMS, supporting a global web experience for a platform company with multiple audiences and stakeholders
- You have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of running a website, including analytics, UX, technical and content SEO, domain management, platform tools, and budgeting
- You’re experienced at building, growing, and leading hardworking cross-functional teams of designers, UX, developers, and analysts
- This person has a strong eye for design aesthetic and consistency, responsive design, UX/UI design fundamentals and standard methodologies.
- The right person uses a consultative approach to understand and meet the needs of multiple business partners inside a matrixed and increasingly complex organization.
- We're seeking a strategic partner, who is able to drive consensus for a long term approach to a customer-centric digital strategy and web experiences
- You live and breathe the analytical data, A/B testing strategies, and critical metrics that inform marketing campaign priorities and tactics
- You see the big picture as it pertains to tying top of funnel activities into the sales cycle, product experience, and through expansion
Your ability to collaborate broadly and cross-functionally will be key as you:
- Transform New Relic’s web properties into premier, leading-edge destinations across international markets in support of our ambitious growth targets
- Own strategy and roadmap for how New Relic evolves and scales its web presence with the business across segments, product offerings, verticals, partners and regions
- Increase engagement via a holistic and personalized web experience and help shorten the prospect and customer journey through the buying process
- Lead web analytics and SEO function and hold the broader marketing team accountable to deliver against joint initiatives to increase traffic growth
- Implement a rapid and robust optimization/testing framework and personalization program
- Create a localization strategy and launch localized web presence quickly to support key regional sales and marketing efforts
- Partner with internal UX and Brand and Creative teams to ensure a consistent brand experience across all customer/prospect engagement points
- Develop a relationship with internal product engineering functions to ensure best-practices are consistently followed across the GTM organization
- Talent development - You will grow, champion, and provide a platform for the success of your team
- You are a strategic teammate and consensus builder with other teams, helping them
- 10+ years of experience in web marketing for fast-growing global enterprise software companies. You are genuinely excited by software products and crafting world-class web experience.
- Demonstrated ability to envision and execute complex, multi-dimensional projects that support company-wide go-to-market initiatives
- An understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decisions
- Consistent track record of partnering across teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to lead remote employees and travel, including global destinations
- Ability to influence, motivate and work in a cross-functional environment to drive outcomes-based plans, programs, and execution
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can build and launch programs within budget and effectively prioritize multiple, concurrent timelines
- Experience in a dynamic, fast paced, high-visibility role
- Product and market knowledge in meaningful areas such as application development, software development, cloud, DevOps, digital customer experience, and emerging cloud technologies
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.