Technical Sales Intern (Summer 2020)
Technical Sales Intern (Summer 2020)
Are you looking for a summer internship at a fast-paced, leading-edge, tech company? Are you passionate about finding an opportunity where you can be curious, creative, and build your experience?
As an Intern in New Relic’s Atlanta office, you will join our Sales team for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately May or June of 2020.
If you are interested in improving your sales skills and experiencing first-hand what it is like to be in tech sales, this is the internship for you.
What You’ll Do
Some of the responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Partner with HR Business Partners to understand overall Corporate Strategy
- Research accounts to identify those that possess New Relic’s Ideal Customer Profile
- Learning the 7 traits of a Great SaaS sales rep.
- Assist Sales Development Reps and Account Executives with lead management using LinkedIn and Discover.org to replenish target accounts with key contacts.
- Drive attendance to webinars, public demos, and field events through outbound phone communication.
- Partner with Sales Development Reps to understand prospecting motions and utilization of SFDC dashboards
- Partner with Account Executives and Solution Engineers to understand sales motions
- Shadow Recruiters on initial screening of potential sales candidates and reviewing of resumes
- Partner with deal strategy team to understand the connectivity between departments
- Partner with leaders of different affinity groups to schedule an out of office Diversity & Inclusion event
- Meet with our Chief People Officer to discuss our core values; how they shape our business and how they’ve impacted your experience.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program from an accredited university
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship
- Passionate about starting a career in sales
- Have an interest in sales prospecting
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Value exceptional customer service
- Excel in both intrinsic motivation, goal setting and collaborative teamwork
- Be articulate with a strong business acumen
- Analytics experience or familiarity with Application Performance Management (APM) is a plus.
- Prior sales experience is also a bonus, but not required.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this internship. Note that we do not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future work authorization.
About Our Internship Program
We offer a paid 10-12 week internship program for students to join us on our journey to create a more perfect internet. During your internship, you’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills that you can apply throughout the rest of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Executive leadership roundtables
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings
- Connect with your intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our mission to instrument, measure and improve the internet
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.