Lead UX Designer - Logs
This position sits in our beautiful San Francisco, CA office and relocation assistance may be provided.
At New Relic, we love making tools to help people visualize, explore, and analyze data to answer important questions about the health of their software.
We’re looking for an experienced design leader to join our quickly scaling Logging group in San Francisco. We need your deep expertise and hands-on approach to help us deliver an outstanding user experience. The Logs teams are responsible for designing and building tools that help people use log data to troubleshoot their software. They work closely with other teams across the New Relic portfolio to consider how log data might be used to expedite the time it takes our users to detect, understand, and resolve performance problems.
As a Lead UX Designer, you’ll partner closely with group leaders, as well as designers, product managers, engineers and other leaders to understand, design, measure, and optimize our user journeys. You’ll drive a design vision and lead others in embracing an iterative, user-centered approach to making that vision a reality.
What You’ll Do
Lead by example through an iterative design process
- Play a lead role in uncovering user needs and designing new experiences
- Work thoughtfully and iteratively from ambiguity to action using a solid user-centered design process
- Ensure your designs are based on a strong and balanced understanding of user needs and business objectives
- Deliver low and high fidelity mockups and prototypes that clearly communicate your design direction
Scale your impact across teams
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and your expert storytelling skills to Influence GMs, product leaders, designers, and strategic decisions across teams
- Identify high impact systemic needs across multiple teams and address them by partnering with GMs, directors, and UX leaders
- Partner with leaders to identify and prioritize design, research, and writing needs
Collaborate & set the bar high for designers
- Collaborate effectively every day with leaders and individual contributors in engineering, design, product, language, research, analytics, and more
- Mentor and direct the work of more junior designers in the Logging group, partnering closely with design management to ensure designers are equipped to do their best work
- Raise the bar for design quality at New Relic by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and stakeholders
- Be kind
- 6+ years experience in UX or interaction design and user-centered research methods
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, related field, or equivalent experience
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work consistently in an iterative manner
- A record of partnering successfully with cross-functional leaders and influencing their strategic
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, language, technical development, and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools; Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Online portfolio of exceptional work showcasing your problem-solving skills and process in the digital space
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.