Senior Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Senior Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
San Francisco, California
Want to join the executive team at a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that is helping companies of all sizes run and scale their digital businesses? We are seeking an SVP FP&A who will lead a world-class, modern, global financial planning & analysis organization.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and will embrace the challenge and opportunity of joining a fast moving but disciplined company experiencing impressive financial growth. This newly created leadership position is going to make significant contributions to the success of our agile organization. We are seeking a finance professional who is proactive and can challenge the status quo, but who will also listen to others and collaborate to support broader company goals.
This highly visible role will act as a vital partner to the Chief Financial Officer as well as a close partner to the CEO, other key executives and the Board. This position will oversee all day-to-day aspects of the company’s short and long-term FP&A strategy.
As our SVP FP&A, you will manage the team that acts as our key analytical engine and financial resource, creating and managing numerous analyses and reports to provide insights across the company and support optimal business decision-making, driving our team to perform at the highest level.
What You’ll Do
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization to help optimize and strategize around investment decisions
- Partner with the CFO and business leaders to oversee the company’s quarterly and annual budgeting processes, monthly rolling forecast and long-term plan
- Identify risks and opportunities to management and recommend strategies to achieve company financial goals (monthly, quarterly, annual and long-term)
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development of direct and indirect reports, potentially across different office locations
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to executive management, department heads and other business partners
- Support key decisions (e.g. prioritize new growth opportunities, magnitude and timing of infrastructure investment) by leading the team to produce financial models for recommendations to senior management
- Provide thought leadership on major initiatives directed at driving cost efficiencies in support of long-term planning
- Bring new thinking and ways of doing things to the function, as appropriate, including analyzing and pushing new metrics and performance indicators to help identify trends
- Continually improve processes and ensure consistencies, drive change as necessary, and elevate the level of reporting for the overall company, subsidiaries and individual departments
- Be forward thinking and focus on continually developing information, trends and instincts to help predict issues before they occur
- Leverage and improve current Anaplan implementation for future scale, to increase productivity and accuracy of the entire FP&A team and support critical analyses to business partners
- Play a key role in the creation of Board materials and content for quarterly business reviews
- Partner with investor relations and other constituencies around quarterly earnings cycle, analyst days and other ad-hoc events
- 14+ years of FP&A experience around fast growth tech companies, including some public company experience
- Software industry experience required and SaaS strongly preferred
- Demonstrated previous leadership experience, including managing, building, leading and recognizing high performing teams with diverse levels of expertise
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and department heads as a trusted and objective advisor with the know-how to motivate change and results by maneuvering through formal and informal organization channels as needed
- Experience providing decision support for a range of projects, investments and strategic initiatives
- Deal effectively with ambiguities and be able to manage multiple projects through completion, often under tight deadlines, with frequently changing priorities and minimal supervision
- Ability to challenge the norms and processes and relentlessly look for ways to add value and to position the organization for success
- Superb analytical/quantitative skills and strong executive presence is critical
- Strong financial modeling skills and the ability to draw, translate and communicate critical insights into analysis
- Set high standards and foster a sense of teamwork and pride with his/her group
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience with Netsuite and Anaplan a plus
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.