Senior TechOps Strategy Consultant
New Relic’s TechOps Strategy Consulting team is an exciting new organisation whose goal is to partner with our most strategic customers. The Ops team will guide these customers on how to apply the New Relic platform in support of their initiatives and day to day responsibilities. We evangelise our strategic direction and vision for Ops, collaborate with our Product organisation to incorporate key insights from the field into our roadmap, and with our Sales Team to improve our knowledge and processes for Ops buyers.
We are now looking to grow the organisation by adding team-members who are technically savvy, passionate about our customers’ success, and committed to improving our Ops product and sales strategy.
How do you know if you'll be successful in this role?
You will have worked extensively in a client side enterprise Ops role and have the nature and personality suited to operating vendor side in a customer facing capacity able to show the customer their roadmap with New Relic.
Possess business savvy, technical prowess and a hands-on can do demeanour to drive customers forward.
What You’ll Do
- Become an Ops specialist by completing your knowledge around all technologies used by TechOps engineers and SREs for planning, development, verification, packaging, configuration, release, monitoring, documentation, and intelligence applications.
- Partner with Sales Team as to articulate the overall New Relic value proposition, vision and strategy to customers around our Infrastructure, Logging, AIOPs and other TechOps/SRE oriented solutions
- Own technical engagements with customers during the trial phase. Communicate product value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to a successful conclusion
- Technically close complex opportunities through sophisticated competitor knowledge, technical skills, and understanding of the TechOps use case
- Deliver product and technical briefings/presentations to potential clients.
- Mentor other members of the New Relic Team on any aspect of customer engagements as it relates to Infrastructure, AIOPs and any other product from our platform that is significant to Ops teams
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM and other repositories regarding customer input and findings in both wins and losses
- Collaborate with the broader team on technical and market intelligence
- Analyse and socialise insights with other New Relic teams
- Deep technical knowledge of the Ops/SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) function and priorities through direct operator experience, technical sales or consulting in Ops/SRE
- Solid understanding of current infrastructure, monitoring and intelligence solutions and technologies
- Passion and ability to educate customers on solutions and risks that are significant to their business and to build and execute an evaluation plan that meets their needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day
- Experience combining Ops/SRE roles or Ops/SRE focused technical sales engineering or consulting roles.
- Main cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle, other)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos or other container technologies.
- Programming experience. Extra points for Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, and .NET
- Experience in systems administration: Windows, Linux
- Experience with AI/ML technologies and solutions applied to the Ops use case
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.