Director, Investor Relations
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that’s disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? That’s what we’re doing here at New Relic.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this key role will be responsible for owning and driving all partnership aspects with the analyst and investor community as well as key internal constituents.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate and build trusted relationships and continue to develop credibility and confidence with buy-side and sell-side investors, retaining ownership and insights into analyst reports and financial models
- Oversee the quarterly earnings cycle process, including preparation of our earnings script and press release, potential analyst Q&A, regulatory filings and other related materials in conjunction with Finance, Legal, Communications and outside parties
- Develop rolling investor conference and non-deal roadshow schedule and strategy; own preparation activities with senior executives and participate as required
- Help own and develop key corporate messaging and strategy and provide feedback based on investor community impacts
- Partner with key company executives to develop analyst day content and strategy, as well as other investor events
- Lead all aspects of the company’s investor relations website and preparation of relevant publications
- Maintain strong company and sector expertise including managing coverage of comparable company analysis and benchmarking and peer earnings reviews
- Support the development, reporting and benchmarking of key corporate operational metrics, provide feedback on strategic direction and assist with board and executive presentations
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as the need arises including involvement in capital market activities, acquisitions and other various corporate events
- 10+ years of relevant experience in technology-oriented investor relations and/or buy-side or sell-side; SaaS and/or cloud software strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Very strong analytical skills, including highly proficient financial modeling skills and understanding of key valuation concepts/techniques used by analysts and investors
- Experience with systems like Factset, Ipreo, Netsuite or Anaplan a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, manage and influence peers to execute work streams across various levels, departments and geographies
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree required, CFA/MBA preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.