Senior Manager, Contracts
Senior Manager, Contracts
San Francisco, California
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Fueled by real-time data from production software, we provide clear, actionable intelligence about high-velocity web and mobile applications and their end-users. In order to support our continued growth, we are building an extraordinaryInbound Contracts team and that’s where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Contracts Manager to join our dynamic and growing Vendor Management team at our offices in San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR. You will be a key member of our Vendor Management team, which consists of: Inbound Contracts, Procurement Operations and Strategic Sourcing functions.
You will lead the Inbound Commercial Contracts Team. You will be responsible for the commercial legal terms of vendor contracts for various types of goods and services (i.e. Cloud, Data Center, Market Research, Real Estate, Office Build outs, Hardware, Creative Agencies, Recruitment and Staffing Agencies, etc.). You will use your mastery of standard contracts to guide the team through issues that need either a business or legal decision. A keen business sense, strategic understanding of corporate risk management and good judgment with the ability to find, and guide teams to, creative solutions to legal issues are crucial to success. You will thrive if you are client focused and can work efficiently and independently in a dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and develop the Inbound Contracts Team
- Handle all Contract escalations that require Legal review, exercising excellent business acumen for assessing, mitigating, communicating and escalating risk impact.
- Partner with Privacy, Procurement, Legal & Security teams to develop and continuously improve best practices for a consistent, compliant and efficient inbound contracting process including: playbooks, processes, company standard form agreements and systems automation across contract lifecycles.
- Develop category based risk review with appropriate thresholds of risk acceptance with Privacy, Procurement, & Legal & Security preferred supplier process to support scale
- Drive implementations of technology solutions to improve the contract administration process on behalf of inbound contracts.
- Maintain an inbound contracts management database and templates.
- Facilitate the engagement process for inbound agreements, including general inquiries and requests for inbound contract support.
- Efficiently draft, review and negotiate a variety of in-bound commercial contracts; resolve commercial legal issues; and advise on legal terms and conditions with Procurement, Finance, Security, Legal (for escalations) and internal business requestors. Be the key liaison between these teams and suppliers and as needed, external counsel. These agreements would include but are not limited to master services agreements, statements of work, addendums, confidentiality agreements, content/software licenses, SaaS agreements, agencies, events, etc. with commercial legal issues (i.e. indemnification, limitation of liability, IP ownership, confidentiality, SLAs, etc.).
- Anticipate problems and ensure all necessary commercial legal key terms and language are included in every inbound contract to appropriately mitigate risk for New Relic.
- 3+ years people management experience leading a contracts team
- 5 years demonstrated experience in the particular focus of contracts management, paralegal and/or commercial transactions.
- Ability to review contracts quickly with utmost accuracy. Experienced in redlining, drafting and negotiating contracts with strong working knowledge of commercial legal principles and terms.
- Previous experience driving process improvements
- Knowledge of Data Security and Data Privacy terms
- Experience with Contracts Management/workflow tools
- Strong communication and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and communicate priorities effectively.
- Proven ability to act independently to achieve the best method and procedure, and look for ways to improve processes and find efficiencies
- Understanding of B2B contracts process and able to work on diverse and complex contractual issues simultaneously from inception to completion
- Demonstrated business acumen and solutions focused, focused on simplicity and efficient resolution when solving for complex issues
- Expertise in multitasking deals in various phases while staying highly aligned with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent, clear, concise and timely communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Self-directed/driven with excellent organizational skills
- Experience with MS Office and Google Apps
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Work experience in a technology company and in-house preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our offices are in the tech-rich urban centers of San Francisco and Portland, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.