Senior Front-End Software Engineer - Data Management Team (open to remote)
We are excited to consider a remote, U.S.-based engineer for this role! Remote team members will be expected to work out of their home office.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Data Management team is seeking a front-end Senior Software Engineer to join us in providing intuitive user experiences to support customers seeking to control the data they send to New Relic. We provide the tools to manage and control what and how much data customers send, how long it is stored, and expose where data may be limited. We work in close collaboration with product and design partners and across engineering teams to make sure we’re building the right features to help our customers.
We love to collaborate and work on challenges while enjoying and learning throughout the process. Data Management is an extraordinary place to grow your skills and technical leadership while surrounded by an encouraging and supportive team.
What You’ll Do
Our ideal candidate is someone who can help evolve our team with their passion and experience in building outstanding software and empowering others. You will have the opportunity to:
- Build meaningful user experiences that have real customer impact through thoughtful, high-quality code that is easy to read and maintain
- Lead development efforts to support our growing UI for customers and internal teams
- Solve complex use cases that require close collaboration with product management, product design, and engineering teams
- Increase the impact of one or more team members through mentoring, pairing, and support
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years experience with the React framework writing performant and reusable components and tests, with strong knowledge of modern TypeScript and React
- Experience querying data from a variety of sources such as GraphQL, REST APIs, or key/value data stores
- Experience with breaking down product requirements into architecture design and implementation
- Experience working with Git, and workflows around it, such as reviewing PRs and applying best practices reviews
- Collaborative working style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership
- Experience leading collective efforts of the team to deliver on consistent usability and reliability
- You enjoy mentoring others
- Experience with or exposure to open source databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience with test automation tools
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. https://newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.