Senior Manager, Product Design
Senior Manager, Product Design
As a Senior Design Manager, you will lead and manage a talented, high-performing team of designers in Portland and San Francisco. We will look to you to help build a culture that’s empowering, collaborative, and pushes the boundaries of great design for our users.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a talented and high-performing team of user experience designers in Portland and San Francisco. Coach and inspire your team to do the best work of their career.
- Evangelize good design practices, principles, process and patterns throughout the entire software delivery lifecycle. Contribute to New Relic’s design strategy.
- Partner with product management, engineering, research and product language to ensure projects are well-defined and successfully executed.
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products. Help execute New Relic’s business goals.
- Build strong communication and coordination channels across our distributed design organization (Barcelona, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Tel Aviv).
- Mentor, coach and provide feedback to help your team grow and thrive.
- Ensure world-class design quality throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
- Inspire those around you, from designers to executives, to take a user-centered approach to product development.
- Be kind.
- 5+ years of professional experience in interaction design and user-based research methods.
- 3+ years of design management, guiding people and projects through complicated territory, with consistently high-quality results.
- BA/BS or Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices, using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make key design decisions and iterate on products.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and agile environment, while helping make key design decisions and influencing business strategy.
- Experience working with enterprise software and effectively navigating and leading others through the challenges of a complex, highly technical domain.
- Experience attracting, hiring, coaching and retaining top design talent.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.