Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack - Correlations (Remote)
As part of the New Relic AI solution, the Correlation team enables our customers to reduce noise and provide a better understanding of their alerts with ease and delight! We are looking for a phenomenal Full-Stack Software Engineer, to join us in building a brand-new product. Help us deliver and scale an innovative approach to root cause analysis using AI and Machine Learning.
This position is perfect for someone who loves to work with large amounts of data, working both in back-end services and the front end. It is particularly well suited for an experienced engineer who wants to have a huge impact, share their experience, wouldn’t mind broadening their skill set to a wide range of technologies, has a desire and ability to utilize team skills, and has a soft spot for all things AIOps.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, maintain highly visible features end to end
- Solve sophisticated use cases that require close collaboration with product management, product design, and your tight-knit engineering team
- Actively drive continuous engineering excellence
What working on this team is like:
- You will on a brand-new team so you will have an opportunity to help build the team culture and work practice from first principles
- We use agile practices to ship software incrementally with frequent customer feedback
- We will work closely with product management, technical support, and our design team to make sure we are building the right capabilities and features to help our customers understand and lead their digital business
- There will be an on-call rotation with a focus on sustainability, and when issues arise, we will prioritize getting them fixed right away. We'll also be flexible about swapping weeks because we know life is what happens outside of work
- Highly collaborative and people have confidence in your ability to get things done.
- At least 2+ years of production-level experience in Java or other related backend technology
- Work independently on items to implement clean, consistent code solutions.
- Flexible in figuring out how to achieve the business goals without compromising technical quality.
- Comfortable digging into technical details and unblocking yourself and the team when needed.
- Interested in dev-ops and not only like to build services, but you are also invested in their operation by monitoring their performance, thinking about capacity planning and quickly addressing incidents when they arise. In fact, an SRE background or skill set would be a bonus, as well.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.