Senior Developer Relations Manager
The Developer Relations team is seeking a Senior Developer Relations Manager with experience in people management, insight into the content creation process, and project management expertise.
We level up developers through education and enablement; we’re here to get developers excited about software and to support them and their communities in achieving their goals. We build in front of the world; we're creative, and we embrace that energy to produce and share ambitious inspirational projects with deep technical roots. By sharing authentic, engaging content with our communities we're able to join in the conversations that matter to them and bring their stories home to help New Relic build better products. Those same discussions give us a chance to use our product expertise to make developer's lives better, by helping them understand the value of observability and how they can effectively apply it in their own projects.
Given the nature of the work, this is a remote position, but you'll of course have the option to work from one of our many offices when it's convenient. We're a results-oriented team, so our hours offer some flexibility. Assuming you're able to work with some portion of your day overlapping US timezones, we're prepared to hire a great candidate remotely.
This position will report directly to the Director of Developer Relations.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of 4 Developer Relations Engineers, including regular 1:1 meetings with reports and regular feedback
- Cultivate an inclusive environment that brings out the best in people and provide growth opportunities for reports by assigning projects tailored to skill level and interests
- Collaborate with the Director and team on planning and strategy for the Developer Relations team priorities and content focus areas
- Handle inbound requests from the rest of the organization and serve as a representative for the Developer Relations team
- Collect metrics and generate reports in order to communicate the impact of the Developer Relations team
- Develop and iterate on processes and practices that keep the team focused and executing efficiently
- Motivate and inspire the team by conveying a consistent vision
- Traveling: join the conversation by meeting developers where they are and exploring their cultures. As conditions permit you could be spending as much as 25% of your year traveling the world.
- 4+ years of experience in Developer Relations and/or engineering
- 2+ years of experience in management
- Experience with project management and agile methodology
- You would feel at home on a team with a wide variety of backgrounds, projects, skills, and communication styles. We don't have a one-size-fits-all workflow.
- You understand the value of both constructive criticism and encouragement and can communicate it directly, specifically, and empathetically to reports.
- You can provide valuable feedback on technical content (including blogs, podcasts, Twitch streams, video, and more) and Developer Relations strategy.
- You have demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Experience measuring and reporting on Developer Relations programs
- Experience working in an all-remote, results-oriented work environment
- Experience with community management
- Experience leading a mentorship program
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.